Mason Co. 87 Ashland 49

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas and Mcdavy both good athletes. I heard Thomas came from Male. Anyway the "PRESS" got the best of Buddy Biggs Tomcats. But all in all i feel Ashland will be a contender in the 16th. They havent even played a home game yet.

Poor ole Buddy Got a Technical in the first half and i really didnt see why he didnt do anything. He was yelling out a play and the Ref gave him a T. Anyways CONGRATS ROYALS:thumb:

Matt Thomas has been in the Ashland school system since the 8th grade. He has been enrolled in Ashland schools for almost every year of his life.

:sssh: I think what your saying is if his team had them on schedule you could say it was going to be a laugher also.:D

And cue up my 1st reply...."Why would you post that".

2nd "I" would not have posted: "Who said this would be a laugher?"

Matt Thomas has been in the Ashland school system since the 8th grade. He has been enrolled in Ashland schools for almost every year of his life.

Does that mean that he has attended the Ashland schools since the time of his birth other than when he was at Rose Hill for a couple of years?:D

Does that mean that he has attended the Ashland schools since the time of his birth other than when he was at Rose Hill for a couple of years?:D

Thats what I was going to question. Kind of glad you beat me to it though.

This game isnt a surprise at all, I dont think one person picked Ashland to win in the prediction thread. Mason is much too talented for any team from our region to play with. I look for the tomcats to bounce back next week with a win over Lewis Co.

Anyone want to guess on how much longer this is going to set us back on the return of GIAT ?

Thats what I was going to question. Kind of glad you beat me to it though.

This game isnt a surprise at all, I dont think one person picked Ashland to win in the prediction thread. Mason is much too talented for any team from our region to play with. I look for the tomcats to bounce back next week with a win over Lewis Co.

Anyone want to guess on how much longer this is going to set us back on the return of GIAT ?

If they lose to Lewis Co, he might cancel his membership.

Miller didn't have a off night. His team was never in any danger as it was never close. He was just not aggresive, he got his teammates involved. I bet you all if Mason would have been playing someone like Scott Co. or Grant Co. We would have really seen what Miller{best player in the state} can do.

Scoring by Mason County: Miller 14, Middleton 16, Setty 7, Scott 22 (all in first three quarters), King 6, Tolle 3, Browning 5, Downing 2, Stahl 4, Thompson 8

After 1 quarter 20-9

2nd quarter 40-24

3rd quarter 66-41

Final 87-49

Mason outshot the Tomcats something like 80-43 or 46, had 44-31 advantage on the boards. Subs for Mason County scored 16 of the Royals' 21 fourth-quarter points. JV score was 60-40.

The overwhelming impression I got from the game was that Ashland looked like a team of football players playing a team of basketball players. They are built like football players. They had difficulty handling the ball - not necessarily versus the press, just basic ball-handing. They all have decent size but are not long and lean. Tyreese Scott was the quickest player on the floor and as a result had a great game. Miller did have an off game, picked up his 4th foul just prior to the end of the third quarter.

Thomas had a very nice game for the Tomcats; looked to be by far the Tomcat with the most developed basketball skills.

Coach Biggs will have his team ready by tournament time; but right now he has a bunch of guys who still have football legs. I do think that Ashland needs to decide whether they're a run-and-gun type team or a more deliberate ballclub.

I do think that Ashland needs to decide whether they're a run-and-gun type team or a more deliberate ballclub.

I believe this was decided with the hiring of coach Biggs. Any move toward going back to a slower more deliberate pace would have alot of people eating crow and be a feather in the cap of a former Ashland coach.

I guess the warning we were all supposed to get was that the Rock Hill game was a mirage?:ylsuper:

I think Biggs will get things turned around before long but the "warning" has to be placed in classic bgp archives.

Good ol' GIAT does lead with his chin on occasion, doesn't he?