KHSAA: 2020 Fall Sports

Colonels_Wear_Blue

As of the KHSAA's meeting this morning, golf is currently the only fall sport that will continue as originally planned because it's a non-contact sport played outdoors.

The sports guidelines currently in place - including the limit of 10 individuals present for workouts and no more than 6 hours of workouts per student athlete per week - has been extended through August 2nd, which will also postpone large-scale practice for all fall sports (aside from golf) from taking place until August 3rd. Commissioner Tackett, discussing the postponement: "We're hoping we don't have to adjust it again."

Tackett is also suggesting that freshman/JV/varsity triple-headers start taking place.

Just now, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Must have misheard that part then. I've just had the meeting video playing while I've been working on my computer. Thanks for clarifying that.

Yeah he said those will need to be spread out. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Basketball definitely does some. I've never heard of football doing it. 

It would be just about impossible for football to do it, unless all games were played on a Saturday.  I’ve never even heard of back to back JV/varsity games.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Basketball definitely does. I don't know that soccer does, though.

On 7/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, TheDeuce said:

Basketball definitely does some. I've never heard of football doing it. 

Even though it does happen in basketball, it doesn't happen very often.  At least not around here.