Big Ten and ACC to Play Only Conference Games in 2020

TheDeuce

52 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I guess they will play ACC teams. 

I kinda wish the ACC would tell them to kick rocks. 

That will never happen. Even as a non-football ACC school, their five annual games with ACC teams plus basketball, etc. are too valuable to send packing. 

5 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

What is the impact of this on possible bowl games ?

Going to be tough for UL or UK to scrap together 6 conference wins...

I feel like the chances of non-playoff bowl games are less than zero.

21 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

What is the impact of this on possible bowl games ?

Going to be tough for UL or UK to scrap together 6 conference wins...

If teams only play 10 games I’d imagine they drop the required win total. 

UofL can definitely get five conference wins this season. 

2 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

If there is money to be made, bowl games will be played.

There is money to be made already that's been passed up. Look at how much money was lost at the end of the basketball season. Money will be lost by reduced fans at games...bowl games, right now I think are dead for 2020.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

There is money to be made already that's been passed up. Look at how much money was lost at the end of the basketball season. Money will be lost by reduced fans at games...bowl games, right now I think are dead for 2020.

Normally I’d agree.

People are talking about colleges shutting down because of the loss of revenue.

The powers to be will ask the athletes to risk their health to keep the university and other athletic programs afloat. For a scholarship...

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I guess they will play ACC teams. 

I kinda wish the ACC would tell them to kick rocks. 

It would be hilarious if the ACC said they won’t play ND and ND ends up playing a schedule of 100% group of 5 schools. Then pulls a UCF after going undefeated and left out of the playoff but declares themselves national champs anyways. I’m actually rooting for this to happen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

It would be hilarious if the ACC said they won’t play ND and ND ends up playing a schedule of 100% group of 5 schools. Then pulls a UCF after going undefeated and left out of the playoff but declares themselves national champs anyways. I’m actually rooting for this to happen. 

Yes...Please let this happen!

32 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Normally I’d agree.

People are talking about colleges shutting down because of the loss of revenue.

The powers to be will ask the athletes to risk their health to keep the university and other athletic programs afloat. For a scholarship...

I think several schools will do like Stanford and use the Pandemic as an excuse to trim the athletic budgets by eliminating fringe sports. 

No college is shutting down for the lack of athletic revenue as most colleges make little to no money from athletics above what is spent on athletics. They may shut down sports or cancel seasons for this year, but no school is surviving campus wide because of their earnings from sports. Schools are just happy if sports can pay for them selves.

7 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Let's say all of the Big 5 schools have at least two losses this season and ND was undefeated against the MAC. There would be several that would be claiming that they were the best...that's what is sad. 😂