BGP QOTD: Pool or Ocean?

TheDeuce

Pool or Ocean?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pool or Ocean

Give me the ocean every day of the week.  We have an above ground pool at home so I can do the pool thing all summer long.  Bummed we are missing the beach this year.  We may just go twice next year!

Sitting on the beach right now.  I like the versatility of the ocean as I can swim, float, kayak, paddle board, fish, etc.  In the pool, I can just swim and float.  The only time I'll use the pool down here is to rinse off after being in the ocean, or maybe a late night swim.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Pool. Pools are too easy to get in and get out.

This may be your first comment ever that doesn’t make sense.  LOL.  An ocean you literally walk into and out of. A pool you generally have to go up and down steps or a ladder.

12 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

This may be your first comment ever that doesn’t make sense.  LOL.  An ocean you literally walk into and out of. A pool you generally have to go up and down steps or a ladder.

Lol, touche.

I just mean, there's no having to carry all of your gear with you. Even with a house on a beach compared to a house with a pool, there's less hassle to just hopping in the pool than there is having to deal with the sand and dragging a chair or umbrella.

When I was in my early 20's, the beach. There is nothing like spending the day on the beach with literally thousands of bikini clad angels playing volleyball and frolicking in the sand and waves. 

Now, all that sounds like too much work, I hate having sand in places where sand normally would not be, and I worry about a bunch of Green Peace volunteers trying to roll me into the water, so I prefer pools. 

Pool for swimming and the ocean for relaxing.  It was at New Smyrna Beach Florida where I realized I could easily become a beach bum.  Just stand in the surf and let the waves roll in. Few things are as relaxing as that.  

Ocean 100% for me I love salt water always have since my first trip as a child. We try to travel at least a couple weeks a year to the Caribbean, and I spend everyday on the beach. I'm hoping Covid will ease up, although it doesn't look likely that we'll get to travel abroad this year.