Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland gains a trio of Transfers

Featured Replies

According to twitter reports this morning, Ashland has gained three transfers for next season.

 

Zander Carter, incoming freshman from Greenup County is now a Tomcat.

 

Sean Marcum is 6’9 and will be a senior while Tyler Marcum is 6’8 will be a junior. Both Marcum kids are from West Virginia. I do not have any information on them and also their relation.

I'm hearing there may be another addition as well. Regardless the Tomcats are going to be loaded next season.

Carter averaged 11 ppg last year as an 8th grader at Greenup. Sean Marcum was the 16th ranked senior in West Virginia going into next year.

  • Author
I'm hearing there may be another addition as well. Regardless the Tomcats are going to be loaded next season.

 

They return three or four starters from this year. With these three additions and possible another one sometime more can be detrimental.

They return three or four starters from this year. With these three additions and possible another one sometime more can be detrimental.

 

Are you saying they may have too much talent?

  • Author
Are you saying they may have too much talent?

 

I am not but a local parent whose son loses some playing time will. Two starters gone, there are two local kids who are expecting to move into that spot.

I am not but a local parent whose son loses some playing time will. Two starters gone, there are two local kids who are expecting to move into that spot.

 

Who's to say those kids aren't better than the kids coming in?

Wow!! Ashland is going to be loaded next year. You have to believe after an Elite Eight finish in ‘18-‘19 then a 33-0 season last year that a state championship is in the cards in ‘20-‘21.

I am not but a local parent whose son loses some playing time will. Two starters gone, there are two local kids who are expecting to move into that spot.

 

Who told those kids it was theirs to move into?

  • Author

You know how it is going to play out, publicized transfers aren’t sitting the bench.

Wow!! Ashland is going to be loaded next year. You have to believe after an Elite Eight finish in ‘18-‘19 then a 33-0 season last year that a state championship is in the cards in ‘20-‘21.

 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're likely going to have to learn an entirely new style of play with a big man in the mix, they may actually regress.

It’ll be very interesting hearing how Dicky Martin receives this new haul of athletes.

 

I remember years ago when he basically crucified Rose Hill for OJ Mayo and his pals.

It’ll be very interesting hearing how Dicky Martin receives this new haul of athletes.

 

I remember years ago when he basically crucified Rose Hill for OJ Mayo and his pals.

 

Yeah, for awhile I thought this thread was about Rose Hill. LOL

Yeah, for awhile I thought this thread was about Rose Hill. LOL

 

I don’t think I minded the Rose Hill transfers then and I don’t mind the Ashland transfers now.

 

It’ll be comical though...

 

You can’t only be for something when it benefits your team.

 

It would be be like me, a UK fan claiming Coach K and Duke were ruining college basketball with all their one and dones ...

The most talked about "flaw" of Ashland last season (if a team that is 33-0 has a flaw worth talking about) was lack of a inside presence. A 6'9 talented center seems to fit that bill quite nicely.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.