Coronavirus/2020 Memes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70288[/ATTACH]

That's hilarious...I have two bird feeders directly outside of the big window in my dining room window, and I've got my home "work station" set up there for the time being. Watching the feeders is definitely the most exciting live action during my workday :lol2: :lol2:

• 3 weeks later...
@Bluegrasscard

Following the discussion in the Coronavirus thread I thought you might get a kick out of this, in case you hadn't seen it.

I have seen it. Not really impressed.

In theory both the urine in the meme and the droplets from our lungs and saliva are liquid. But the meme shows the urine fully trapped in the paints. That is not the case with the moisture from our mouth. It is still escaping - it has to. Or else we would drown from our own moist breath and saliva while wearing a mask. The mask may act to slow the velocity and initial reach of a sneeze or cough but its not stopping it. Its only defusing it in smaller particles that carry a shorter distance since they have individually have less mass.

Also, if the meme were accurate, the guy on the right would rub his hands on his pants and then put them up his mouth and touch things around him. That's what people do when wearing a mask. The mask will trap a layer of ejected moisture and it will get transferred to your hands as you adjust or pull down your mask, etc. And then you will touch things and bingo....you have contaminated surfaces just like without a mask. But that only happens if your sick and spreading. And most of the population is not.

I would like to see instead of a meme the detailed double blind study that says there is material, practical benefit, even when its known that there is almost no infection in the population.

If you tell me I have to wear a mask into a medical facility for now - all for it. Per CWB insight above. But for general activity, I just do not see the value and the science is sketchy and even WHO is not supporting this apparently. So to put this in the critical path for us and businesses of 're-opening' seems harsh.

Oops...I did not even realize this was in the meme thread. Move if appropriate . Would hate to muck this thread with serious stuff.