NCAA Tournament Canceled

00Rocket28

I don't see why they don't just postpone everything a few weeks, and then start off exactly where they left off at. I get it though.

If they do that they'd likely be playing without any of the players that would be declaring for the draft. Plus there's a good chance that all of the sites would not be available either.

I read where for a little while they considered having a 5 day 16 team tournament at one location. Picking the top 16 teams regardless of conference affiliation or being an auto qualifyer. Top 16 teams play Thursday, Friday, Saturday with the title game on Monday night. Evidently that idea never got much traction.

I read where for a little while they considered having a 5 day 16 team tournament at one location. Picking the top 16 teams regardless of conference affiliation or being an auto qualifyer. Top 16 teams play Thursday, Friday, Saturday with the title game on Monday night. Evidently that idea never got much traction.

I don't like that idea either. I tend to think the COVID-19 crisis and lock down is going to go on for at least a month. Then you have conditioning and injury concerns before you can play games. It is such an unknown at this point that making any contingency plan is wasted motion.

I don't like that idea either. I tend to think the COVID-19 crisis and lock down is going to go on for at least a month. Then you have conditioning and injury concerns before you can play games. It is such an unknown at this point that making any contingency plan is wasted motion.

The plan was to do it immediately, before shutting every thing down...not in a month or so. They decided against it of course.

• 1 month later...

It was obviously a smart decision. Still a bummer though, this tournament had the makings of an amazing one with how wide open it was. Can’t believe this is my first time back on since everything began shortly before the distancing and quarantine things began.