2020 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament Is Officially Cancelled!

THUNDERBIRDS

I'm a little bummed but it's the right thing to do. My Soph Wildcat and I were leaving in the morning for Nashville. I'm out tickets and a Air BnB rental with no Insurance. The one time I needed it! There are greater tragedies than a few lost Dollars.....Our Health is the most Important thing right now....

Hopefully the NCAA is just delayed. Maybe sometime in April and going with maybe just 32 teams or something?

Was thinking the same earlier.

Delay it a month, only have the top 16 teams in it and play it over a 4 day stretch.

Delay it a month, only have the top 16 teams in it and play it over a 4 day stretch.

Given the parity that we've had this year, limiting it to 16 teams is going to leave a lot of ticked off schools and their fans...and truthfully, there's a lot of them that would be justified. 32 would be a better number, in my opinion. (And yes, I know that's still going to raise a lot of ruckus.)

Given the parity that we've had this year, limiting it to 16 teams is going to leave a lot of ticked off schools and their fans...and truthfully, there's a lot of them that would be justified. 32 would be a better number, in my opinion. (And yes, I know that's still going to raise a lot of ruckus.)

Agreed.

It seems silly to even be thinking about sports right now...

I felt like 16 teams wasn’t being too greedy and would still give it a feel of a decently sized and competitive tournament.