Covington Holy Cross 64 Lloyd Memorial 62

Great game in Erlanger tonight. Both teams played really hard. In defeat I was still impressed with Lloyd. Cody is a handful and played very unselfish. Meyer led the way for the Indians with 24 points. With the win Holy Cross improves to 10-8. With the loss Lloyd drops to 11-8.

Holy Cross 14 21 14 15 - 64

Lloyd 19 16 14 13 - 62

Unofficial scoring from Holy Cross Radio.

Holy Cross - Meyer 24, McClendon 15, Hicks 14, Haney 4, Dreas 3, Niehaus 2, Gabbard 2.

Lloyd - Cody 16, Davis 12, Anthony 11, Monroe 9, Mitchell 7, Vogelpohl 4, Israel 3.

OK I feel like I’m probably dabbling in areas that I shouldn’t, but I can’t help but wonder what’s going on at Lloyd with Cody?

I saw Lloyd play once this year, and that was enough to assess that they have a good assortment of talented players, and with that Cody is an undeniable force. A man amongst boys if you will.

Sure, they’re not CovCath calibre, but an exciting bunch to watch nonetheless. It was early in the season when I saw them, and thought that while they were talented they still had some things to work on, just as most teams do early in the season.

Then comes the All ‘A’ and Lloyd faced the tall task of Beechwood in the semi’s without the services of Cody in the 1st half, yet when he got in the game in the 2nd half he apparently took over scoring 16 points in their loss, which had me wondering just how things might’ve gone if he had played the whole game, and why didn’t he play the whole game?

Then in comments related to the Holy Cross game someone said that he had been instructed by the coach not to shoot.

So is this a coach/player discipline thing, or perhaps a team experiment thing to strengthen the play of other players, and then incorporate Cody more so come district tournament time?

Hope that I’m not overstepping my boundaries by asking, but if anyone can provide allowable insight into this, it would be interesting to know.

This Juggs team seems to have dark horse written all over them, and it will be interesting to see just what becomes of them come tourney time.

Great road win for Holy Cross.

From my seat last night which was center court 5 rows up, I did not ANY indication that Cody wasn't "allowed" to shoot the ball. Could he have taken more shots, maybe, but in no way from my eyes was he not allowed to shoot. I thought he played a nice game and passed the ball when double teamed like most star players should do. Again a nice road win for Holy Cross with a huge 35th district seed game on Tuesday vs Holmes in Latonia.

Great road win for Holy Cross.

From my seat last night which was center court 5 rows up, I did not ANY indication that Cody wasn't "allowed" to shoot the ball. Could he have taken more shots, maybe, but in no way from my eyes was he not allowed to shoot. .

The statement was made by Cody after the game that during the 4th period he was told not to shoot which is why he got so frustrated on the court. Not sure why. Maybe as someone else commented the coach has a game plan.

Sure sounds like there is a lot of "teaching lessons" and not so much enjoying the game going on at Lloyd. For the sake of the kids let's hope the worm turns soon.

Not close enough to know but wonder if there is any issue with the coach and teaching lessons.

Cody was kicked off at Dixie so him and Szabo went to Lloyd. Did the issues at Dixie follow them there if they didn’t learn any lessons?