Padres interested in Dunn?

gametime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Since Maddux is in the fold, any more word on Dunn....anyone?

All I know is that the owner was apparently accosted in an elevator by at least one rabid fan who requested/begged that he not trade Dunn. I don't think Bob ever was in danger.

All I know is that the owner was apparently accosted in an elevator by at least one rabid fan who requested/begged that he not trade Dunn. I don't think Bob ever was in danger.

I heard the same story. I'm just glad Mr C made it out OK...

I also heard, Mr. C did grin, so all is well

I heard the same story. I'm just glad Mr C made it out OK...
I asked his elevator comrade, if he mentioned someone said the Reds needed starting pitching and he said my name wasn't brought up....:lol:

I also heard, Mr. C did grin, so all is well

I asked his elevator comrade, if he mentioned someone said the Reds needed starting pitching and he said my name wasn't brought up....:lol:

They claimed a young SP from Seattle today. Maybe he listened... ;)

The Cincinnati Reds today acquired LHP Bobby Livingtson off waivers from the Seattle Mariners and added him to the 40-man roster.

Livingston, 24, had spent his entire professional career in the Mariners organization. He was selected by Seattle in the fourth round of the 2001 first-year player draft. At Class AA San Antonio in 2005, he led Seattle's minor league pitchers with 14 wins and ranked first in the Texas League with a 2.86 ERA.

Livingston, last season made his Major League debut, appearing in 3 games with the Mariners. He spent the remainder of the year at Class AAA Tacoma where he went 8-11 with a 4.59 ERA in 23 appearances (22 starts). Following the season he pitched for the Peoria Javelinas of the Arizona Fall League.

The Cincinnati Reds today acquired LHP Bobby Livingtson off waivers from the Seattle Mariners and added him to the 40-man roster.

Livingston, 24, had spent his entire professional career in the Mariners organization. He was selected by Seattle in the fourth round of the 2001 first-year player draft. At Class AA San Antonio in 2005, he led Seattle's minor league pitchers with 14 wins and ranked first in the Texas League with a 2.86 ERA.

Livingston, last season made his Major League debut, appearing in 3 games with the Mariners. He spent the remainder of the year at Class AAA Tacoma where he went 8-11 with a 4.59 ERA in 23 appearances (22 starts). Following the season he pitched for the Peoria Javelinas of the Arizona Fall League.

Hmmmm, I know nothing about him and his numbers, are less than impressive.

I mentioned to someone today, I think Lohse moves into the #3 slot and possibly Bailey, gets the call at the #4 and possibly #5, depending on early rotations.

Hmmmm, I know nothing about him and his numbers, are less than impressive.

I mentioned to someone today, I think Lohse moves into the #3 slot and possibly Bailey, gets the call at the #4 and possibly #5, depending on early rotations.

Krivsky has said the plan is to start Bailey in AAA. I see no reason to doubt Livingston without knowing much about his stuff. He looks like a decent prospect that had a bad year on paper...

Krivsky has said the plan is to start Bailey in AAA. I see no reason to doubt Livingston without knowing much about his stuff. He looks like a decent prospect that had a bad year on paper...
I certainly hope he get help the MLB staff, if he has a good spring. It will be very interesting to follow the progress of Bailey, if he does well and the fans start clamoring for him into the rotation.

I think before all the meetings are over and possibly up into spring training, Krivskey will be taking a lot of phone calls and listening, to several offers.