Kentucky Football Recruiting 2021

cincydragons

Have some free time so a little quick research on this out of my own curiosity. Number of recruits in OH and KY for each class under Stoops.

2014 - 11 OH 2 KY.

2015 - 5 OH 2 KY.

2016 - 11 OH 5 KY.

2017 - 6 OH 2 KY.

2018 - 4 OH 0 KY.

2019 - 2 OH 5 KY.

2020 - 6 OH 5 KY.

2021 - 3 OH 4 KY (so far). Probably want to add 2 more KY (Burton, Dingle) if they can get them.

Definitely shifting away from OH from the first couple years. KY seems to be hit and miss from year to year. But KY is tending to produce around 10 players per year that go to Power 5 schools and would be nice if UK can get 5-6 of them each year consistently. Recruiting has shifted a little more towards Michigan (Clinkscale) and Florida (Gran) from the first couple classes.

I am surprised the Ohio numbers over the past few years are that low.

Have some free time so a little quick research on this out of my own curiosity. Number of recruits in OH and KY for each class under Stoops.

2014 - 11 OH 2 KY.

2015 - 5 OH 2 KY.

2016 - 11 OH 5 KY.

2017 - 6 OH 2 KY.

2018 - 4 OH 0 KY.

2019 - 2 OH 5 KY.

2020 - 6 OH 5 KY.

2021 - 3 OH 4 KY (so far). Probably want to add 2 more KY (Burton, Dingle) if they can get them.

Definitely shifting away from OH from the first couple years. KY seems to be hit and miss from year to year. But KY is tending to produce around 10 players per year that go to Power 5 schools and would be nice if UK can get 5-6 of them each year consistently. Recruiting has shifted a little more towards Michigan (Clinkscale) and Florida (Gran) from the first couple classes.

Nice work! UK will get Kyree Young so that’s 4 Ohio guys. There’s definitely been a shift, now it could be a calculated move by Marrow and Stoops, who knows?

I am surprised the Ohio numbers over the past few years are that low.

Fickell and UC not ignoring Ohio like Tubs did probably has a little to do with those numbers going down, along with Day also putting an emphasis on Ohio at OSU.

Marrow is an Ohio guy so UK will still get a few guys each class with his relationships, but Ohio will continue to be dominated by the state schools and B1G.

Fickell and UC not ignoring Ohio like Tubs did probably has a little to do with those numbers going down, along with Day also putting an emphasis on Ohio at OSU.

Marrow is an Ohio guy so UK will still get a few guys each class with his relationships, but Ohio will continue to be dominated by the state schools and B1G.

The numbers are fairly steady actually. UK pulled 6 OH recruits for 2020, same as 2017. I don't pay much attention to recruiting. The impression I had though as a very casual recruiting follower is UK was getting 10 a year from OH. My post is a comment that I thought UK got more from OH than they do.

Let’s see if Sparty comes in full force like they should. Boston College might sneak in as well.

Let’s see if Sparty comes in full force like they should. Boston College might sneak in as well.

BC has landed some good ones out of Cincy and Ohio... Wondering what the impact of getting Gill does for them.

UK picks up a commitment from JUCO LB Joko Willis today. Currently unranked but has offers from Arkansas, Kansas State and Mississippi State. Has played last 2 years at Independence CC of Last Chance U fame.

He’s a plug in for Chris Oates but certainly not the same player. UK had to fill the spot though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Christian Lewis, a wide receiver from Alabama commits to the Cats. With all the receivers in this class, looks like the plan is to open up the offense in the coming seasons with Gatewood or Allen at the qb.

Probably not a bad idea considering the talent they'll be losing on the O-line over the next year or two.

4 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Probably not a bad idea considering the talent they'll be losing on the O-line over the next year or two.

I guess it depends on the quality of o-line players they have been recruiting. But with this year's o-line, I would expect another run heavy game plan. But I agree they will be graduating some very talented o-linemen this year and next.

43 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Christian Lewis, a wide receiver from Alabama commits to the Cats. With all the receivers in this class, looks like the plan is to open up the offense in the coming seasons with Gatewood or Allen at the qb.

Looks like a good pickup had tons of offers including Notre Dame.  So far the 4 highest ranked players in the class are all WRs.

3 hours ago, cincydragons said:

Looks like a good pickup had tons of offers including Notre Dame.  So far the 4 highest ranked players in the class are all WRs.

No offers from the Alabama powers, but UK knows how to find guys, proven track record.