Kentucky Football Recruiting 2021

cincydragons

Cats get a commitment from Alabama DE Kahlil Saunders. Ranked as a 3 star on Rivals and his only other Power 5 offer from VA Tech. Unranked on other recruiting sites but UK must like what they see.

ESPN shows Saunders with offers from Kansas and Virginia as well.

Davoan Hawkins and Cavon Butler both defensive lineman with good offers have left the program.

Some attrition was expected. Last I heard UK was over 85 scholarships going into spring practice. D-Line is in a good place right now pretty solid depth 2 or 3 deep.

Hearing Butler wanted to be closer to home due to family issues. UK has been slowly building defensive line depth.

If that’s the case he will be at Toledo. Not sure where Hawkins goes but he was a Miami Hurricane lean originally.

Wide receiver Armond Scott from Euclid, OH commits to Kentucky.

Long way til NSD.

Older brother is current UC DB Arquon Bush, so thinking this one is far from over.

Hopefully Gametime can chime in with more details on Scott's recruitment over the past week....

Long way til NSD.

Older brother is current UC DB Arquon Bush, so thinking this one is far from over.

Hopefully Gametime can chime in with more details on Scott's recruitment over the past week....

Always a long way to NSD, lol. I don't get too excited when kids commit or disappointed when kids change their mind. Lots of people in their ear and it can be a life changing decision. We will see where he lands in December.

The Magwood kid from Georgia is another nice receiver. Solid offer sheet for him.

The hard part is trying to figure out who the takes are. The offer is “I like you.” Then you see where it goes from there. There was a time UK offered almost every decent kid in Ohio. Michigan State and BC are starting to do it now.

All schools do this, even the elite programs. Magwood seems like a good player.

UK picks up a commitment from 3-star RB Lavell Wright from North Hardin. Ranked #5 recruit in KY according to Rivals. Had offers from Tennessee, West Virginia and Missouri among others.

State of KY is def producing more P5 talent which is awesome. Anyone know anything about Wright, is he an SEC bell cow kinda player?

State of KY is def producing more P5 talent which is awesome. Anyone know anything about Wright, is he an SEC bell cow kinda player?

Wright is a bigger back. I would think the plan, based on the running back numbers ahead of him, would be to spend a redshirt year getting stronger, then move into the rotation as a power back. Hard to say if he's a future SEC bell cow running back, but check back with me in 3 years and I'll have a better answer. Seriously though, the teams he's going against in his high school film look seriously over matched. Can't say that about many SEC defenses.