Kentucky Football Recruiting 2021

cincydragons

It’s interesting UK for years loaded up on Ohio 3 star kids and found gems. This class their loading up on KY 3 stars. Not sure how to slice it, clearly KY is producing more talent but UK is losing market share in Ohio. As someone who’s been following Ohio recruiting for the past decade I wish I could spitball with Marrow on this.

It’s interesting UK for years loaded up on Ohio 3 star kids and found gems. This class their loading up on KY 3 stars. Not sure how to slice it, clearly KY is producing more talent but UK is losing market share in Ohio. As someone who’s been following Ohio recruiting for the past decade I wish I could spitball with Marrow on this.

Have some free time so a little quick research on this out of my own curiosity. Number of recruits in OH and KY for each class under Stoops.

2014 - 11 OH 2 KY.

2015 - 5 OH 2 KY.

2016 - 11 OH 5 KY.

2017 - 6 OH 2 KY.

2018 - 4 OH 0 KY.

2019 - 2 OH 5 KY.

2020 - 6 OH 5 KY.

2021 - 3 OH 4 KY (so far). Probably want to add 2 more KY (Burton, Dingle) if they can get them.

Definitely shifting away from OH from the first couple years. KY seems to be hit and miss from year to year. But KY is tending to produce around 10 players per year that go to Power 5 schools and would be nice if UK can get 5-6 of them each year consistently. Recruiting has shifted a little more towards Michigan (Clinkscale) and Florida (Gran) from the first couple classes.

Just to be clear I'm talking about currently uncommitted Jordan Dingle from BG not Jack Dingle from Trinity who has committed to UC. Which Dingle are you referring to?

I was talking about Jack. My bad.