Kentucky Football Recruiting 2021

cincydragons

Might as well get this one started up. The Cats currently have 0 commits in the class of 2021.

Jager Burton, OL from Frederick Douglass, listed Kentucky in his top 7 schools tonight along with Texas, Oregon, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson. According to Rivals, Burton is a 4-star who is ranked #1 in Kentucky and #141 nationally. Any chance the Cats can keep him in Lexington?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cats pick up 2 commitments this week. Both are 3-star offensive linemen from Ohio. Paul Rodriguez from Mason OH - best offer was from Penn State. Other commitment is David Wohlabaugh from Wadsworth OH. Had offers from Penn State and West Virginia among others. Kentucky now has 3 commitments in the 2021 class, all from Ohio.

Cats pick up 2 commitments this week. Both are 3-star offensive linemen from Ohio. Paul Rodriguez from Mason OH - best offer was from Penn State. Other commitment is David Wohlabaugh from Wadsworth OH. Had offers from Penn State and West Virginia among others. Kentucky now has 3 commitments in the 2021 class, all from Ohio.

I don’t think they had offers from Penn State. Marrow is gonna try to show he’s the best at finding 3 stars who are underrated again. It made him a millionaire, nearly. 900k per year now.

I don’t think they had offers from Penn State. Marrow is gonna try to show he’s the best at finding 3 stars who are underrated again. It made him a millionaire, nearly. 900k per year now.

I'm going off of what Rivals had listed as offers. And I agree that Stoops and his staff are great at identifying talent and offering them early. Being one of the first to offer has led to some of their biggest commitments such as Justin Rogers.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Assuming we ever play football again, the Cats will have the services of 3-star WR Chauncey Magwood out of GA. Picked UK over Florida State, Louisville, Nebraska, Arkansas and South Carolina.

Currently the highest ranked player in the class after Minnesota flipped the LB from Columbus. Crowdus will jump him though, in terms of rank.

• 2 weeks later...
Cats get a commitment from Alabama DE Kahlil Saunders. Ranked as a 3 star on Rivals and his only other Power 5 offer from VA Tech. Unranked on other recruiting sites but UK must like what they see.

I think it was a depth play because they lost Cavon Butler from 2019 today.