Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wojo says UM got jobbed

Featured Replies

What did Florida do to prove they were better THIS week? That's what it boils down to. Was it the win over Arkansas? :lol: OR the USC choke job to UCLA? The SEC Title game did not put Florida in the real title game. Sad but true. And tell Marge, Lisa and Bart hello...

 

That's pretty good for somone with a Michigan avatar to call me thatl:laugh:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's pretty good for somone with a Michigan avatar to call me thatl:laugh:

The only UM avatar I've ever had is of a man of TRUE character after he passed. BO hasn't been in charge for a while, and I was right there in questioning Carr in his problems beating OSU. This is a VERY good Michigan team. Keep sounding foolish if you like...

The only UM avatar I've ever had is of a man of TRUE character after he passed. BO hasn't been in charge for a while, and I was right there in questioning Carr in his problems beating OSU. This is a VERY good Michigan team. Keep sounding foolish if you like...

 

I never said Michigan wasn't a great football team. I really appreciate you calling me foolish.:rolleyes:

 

As for me being a homer for the SEC is a HUGE LAUGH. I give credit when it's due and Florida deserves what they got. Michigan has a great argument as well and that's why there should be a playoff but since there isn't I would put Florida in.

I never said Michigan wasn't a great football team. I really appreciate you calling me foolish.:rolleyes:

 

As for me being a homer for the SEC is a HUGE LAUGH. I give credit when it's due and Florida deserves what they got. Michigan has a great argument as well and that's why there should be a playoff but since there isn't I would put Florida in.

You give credit where it's due? :lol: Classic...

You give credit where it's due? :lol: Classic...

 

Why are you so against Florida? I feel bad for Michigan and I would put Florida in over them but I can see the other side easily but you seem like Florida has done nothing all year. You should be hating the system which is the problem not Florida. The sytem stinks and I don't like it for anyone but if you want to give a computer title away then you go by how it works.

Why are you so against Florida? I feel bad for Michigan and I would put Florida in over them but I can see the other side easily but you seem like Florida has done nothing all year. You should be hating the system which is the problem not Florida. The sytem stinks and I don't like it for anyone but if you want to give a computer title away then you go by how it works.

This is FAR from the way it works. Keep making a weak argument if you wish...

This is FAR from the way it works. Keep making a weak argument if you wish...
Exactly. Look at how the voting changed, there was a CONSCIOUS decision to put Florida in the title game. It wasn't 'just blindly insert results and lets see what it spits out.'

 

So if that's the case, you have to ask why that happened. Either the voters felt like Florida earned it on the field in the last week, or they were just trying to keep Michigan out. Do you really think they assigned that much weight to an Arkansas team coming off of a loss? Or do you think that Michigan got jobbed by drive-by voting?

 

IMO, neither team has a solid argument over the other. You can't 'know' because the system doesn't let it be sorted out on the field. But this is an entirely different conversation. Voters last week had Michigan solidly ahead of Florida, and I really, really doubt that it was the win over a team with a running back as their top passer that vaulted Florida in this ballot. And if it wasn't play on the field that did it, then Michigan was indeed jobbed.

Exactly. Look at how the voting changed, there was a CONSCIOUS decision to put Florida in the title game. It wasn't 'just blindly insert results and lets see what it spits out.'

 

So if that's the case, you have to ask why that happened. Either the voters felt like Florida earned it on the field in the last week, or they were just trying to keep Michigan out. Do you really think they assigned that much weight to an Arkansas team coming off of a loss? Or do you think that Michigan got jobbed by drive-by voting?

 

IMO, neither team has a solid argument over the other. You can't 'know' because the system doesn't let it be sorted out on the field. But this is an entirely different conversation. Voters last week had Michigan solidly ahead of Florida, and I really, really doubt that it was the win over a team with a running back as their top passer that vaulted Florida in this ballot. And if it wasn't play on the field that did it, then Michigan was indeed jobbed.

Bingo. Which is why, IMO, you just got to accept it and move on.

Bingo. Which is why, IMO, you just got to accept it and move on.
Did you read the rest of the paragraph? That isn't the question.
Exactly. Look at how the voting changed, there was a CONSCIOUS decision to put Florida in the title game. It wasn't 'just blindly insert results and lets see what it spits out.'

 

So if that's the case, you have to ask why that happened. Either the voters felt like Florida earned it on the field in the last week, or they were just trying to keep Michigan out. Do you really think they assigned that much weight to an Arkansas team coming off of a loss? Or do you think that Michigan got jobbed by drive-by voting?

 

IMO, neither team has a solid argument over the other. You can't 'know' because the system doesn't let it be sorted out on the field. But this is an entirely different conversation. Voters last week had Michigan solidly ahead of Florida, and I really, really doubt that it was the win over a team with a running back as their top passer that vaulted Florida in this ballot. And if it wasn't play on the field that did it, then Michigan was indeed jobbed.

 

 

I agree with you 100% in that neither team has a solid arguement against the other. GT seems to have a different opinion though. I trust the coaches opinion more than anyone else so if that's what they want they know more about football then we do.

I agree with you 100% in that neither team has a solid arguement against the other. GT seems to have a different opinion though. I trust the coaches opinion more than anyone else so if that's what they want they know more about football then we do.
You really need to look at this before you say that.

 

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2006/flash.htm

 

It's madness.

Forget for a second who you think is the better team. Now here is my question- Logic tells me that if OSU and UM were to play again, and UM were to win, then wouldn't we still have a controversy? Because OSU already beat them once. Wouldn't you have to go to a 2 out of 3 to determine the real winner? But if you put Florida in there, and they are defeated by OSU, then OSU has to be the outright winner. It seems to me that an OSU/UM championship wouldn't prove anything.

Because noone wants to do all the legwork of posting each teams OOC schedules on here. Just browse the SEC teams OOC schedules on ESPN for a minute. Almost every team plays a 1AA team. That in itself puts them on a lower pedestal since all Big 11 teams play at LEAST a D1 opponent. Now look at the D1 teams they play. Most are in the bottom fourth of D1 football. And Florida is the worst of them all. Take a look at Georgia:

 

UAB(3-9)

Western Kentucky(1AA)

Colorado(2-10)

Georgia Tech(9-4 and No. 16)

ALL at home no less.

 

Do you not look at that and see 3 guaruanteed wins?

 

 

Quit bringing up Georgia as your only SEC example. We're talking UF and UM.

 

This year, ND was better than FSU, no doubt. Other than that you're telling me Vandy, Central Michigan and Ball State are great OOC games. Get real. I'm not saying Southern Miss , UCF, and West Carolina are better, but their not worse. Florida also handed 62 and 42 points shutout losses to two of those teams.

 

Add to that the fact that only 5 Big10 teams have a winning record, and UM only played 4 of the 5, and now who played the harder schedule?

 

The only team without a winning record in the SEC east was Vandy, who UM also played.

What SEC team can claim 2 or more OOC opponents with winning records?

 

Really?? How about Kentucky.

 

UofL (11-1)

 

AND

 

We also had Central Michigan, who won the MAC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.