December 4, 200619 yr Author I think there is a misunderstanding sometimes with the BCS as if it has to get the two best teams on the field. That is not the case. LSU could be the best team in the nation right now but they screwed up in the season and has 2 losses and didn't get here. USC with Carson Palmer I think could have beaten Ohio State when OSU won the national title but USC screwed up in the season and didn't get to the title game. It's not really who we think the two best teams are but who earned the right. If Louisville would have beaten Rutgers they would have earned the right but they are not the second best team in the nation whether they beat Rutgers or not. Getting into we beat this team by more than you did is not a way to solve who is better. To be honest with you I have no pitty for College Football teams because they can fix this system but they choose not to so you brought these problems on yourself. Put in a playoff like everyother sport in America and end this Bull Crap System or the BCS. :thumb: I completely agree with everything you've said here. All the BCS does is promote weak scheduling like the SEC, so you can point to the number of wins your conference has, and keep a good number of teams in the top 25. I agree that we're not talking necessarily about the "best" team. Heck, the "best" team may have 3 losses right now. But when the records are equal, I think that's exactly what we're talking about. I have a hard time with being number 2 for the last half of the season, and then 3 behind USC, and when they lose we don't move up. If UF were good enough, they'd have moved ahead of UM when they lost to OSU. Obviously noone felt they were better then, so what has changed? I'm going to bed, angry and unsatisfied. And I'll probably feel that way until after the bowl games. And even then, I told you so only provides so much solace...........:cry:
December 4, 200619 yr Author Sloppy or not, it was a win over a Top 10 team. No one has played a tougher schedule. UF has the #1 SOS in the country, UM has the #3. While noone has played a tougher schedule, it ain't too far off. And much like ND, Ark. is an overrated top 10 team.
December 4, 200619 yr Author If that's in the unwritten rules, I wish they add it in to the real ones. 33 of 62 coaches changed their mind on the two because of the sloppy W over Arkansas? Shenanigans (bugatti 2002)... Well, lets look at the number of coaches in the SEC, so that's like half right? The thing is, I don't understand how you can vote UM ahead of UF after their loss to OSU, and then move them that much with 2 very unimpressive wins by UF. If they were ahead of UF at that point according to the coaches, they should be ahead as of now. At the very least, surely not that big of a change. Big time shenanigans.............
December 4, 200619 yr If that's in the unwritten rules, I wish they add it in to the real ones. 33 of 62 coaches changed their mind on the two because of the sloppy W over Arkansas? Shenanigans (bugatti 2002)... I don't see how anybody could honestly think that Florida would deserve it over Michigan except for the "they already played" excuse. I would rather them let Boise State play OSU and get destroyed rather than Florida. I wouldn't mind a David vs. Goliath NC matchup.
December 4, 200619 yr I think Florida deserves to be in the game. Thats my opinion. Michigan had a great year, but they did get a shot at Ohio St. And Michigan did not win their conference. Florida deserves it.
December 4, 200619 yr I don't see how anybody could honestly think that Florida would deserve it over Michigan except for the "they already played" excuse. I would rather them let Boise State play OSU and get destroyed rather than Florida. I wouldn't mind a David vs. Goliath NC matchup. Ohio State is a great football team but lets not get crazy they are not the New England Patriots or something. They will most likely win the game against Florida but it will not be a blowout by any stretch.
December 4, 200619 yr I didn't say it would be a blowout, I said that Michigan would provide a much better matchup.
December 4, 200619 yr Author Oldraider 22 Personally I don't like the current system either but I think it is here to stay for awhile. But it is not 1 or 2 big wigs sitting in their office making these decisions. Several polls along with strength of schedule factored in all of which when computed obviously shows there are more people in the country, coaches included that disagree with what your opinion is rather than agree with it. It's what we have which is better than what we had 10-15 years ago so we must live with it. And IMO I think the game will be a good one. I agree about the system. That being said, how can coaches who thought UM was better after a loss to OSU in late Nov. drastically change their vote with 2 unimpressive wins by UF? And if it is so obvious, why does 49% of the world think that UM should be in the title game. Personally, I think this at best the same compared to what we had 10-15 years ago. And I'll hold you to that last part about the game being a good one......:devil:
December 4, 200619 yr 33 of 62 Coaches moved Michigan to #3. That's what got Florida in... Finally!! Someone who understands:thumb:
December 4, 200619 yr Author I didn't say it would be a blowout, I said that Michigan would provide a much better matchup. I agree. And while I don't think it will be a blowout, that's not OSU's style, the outcome will never be in doubt either.
December 4, 200619 yr weak scheduling like the SEC SEC teams played the #3, #5, #6, #13, #14, and #18 teams OOC. The #2, #4, #9, #12, and #17 teams are in the SEC. So thats the #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #9, #12, #13, #14, #17, and #18 teams in the country. Real week scheduling there.
December 4, 200619 yr If that's in the unwritten rules, I wish they add it in to the real ones. 33 of 62 coaches changed their mind on the two because of the sloppy W over Arkansas? Shenanigans (bugatti 2002)... Maybe it was the only chance they got to see Florida play all year............and then decided they were the better choice.
December 4, 200619 yr Author SEC teams played the #3, #5, #6, #13, #14, and #18 teams OOC. The #2, #4, #9, #12, and #17 teams are in the SEC. So thats the #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #9, #12, #13, #14, #17, and #18 teams in the country. Real week scheduling there. Your fighting a losing battle here. It's a widely accepted fact that the SEC has the WORST OOC scheduling of any of the major conferences.
December 4, 200619 yr With all the support for a college football playoff, I can't believe people would try to make the case that Michigan deserved to be in the National Championship game. In a playoff, you get one shot at a team. If you lose by 3 it doesn't matter, you're done. Why should Michigan get a do-over just because they lost a close game in Columbus?
December 4, 200619 yr With all the support for a college football playoff, I can't believe people would try to make the case that Michigan deserved to be in the National Championship game. In a playoff, you get one shot at a team. If you lose by 3 it doesn't matter, you're done. Why should Michigan get a do-over just because they lost a close game in Columbus? There isn't a playoff. Michigan lost a regular season game the same as Florida. Except UM was punished for falling to a better team in the end...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.