Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wojo says UM got jobbed

Featured Replies

I agree. And while I don't think it will be a blowout, that's not OSU's style, the outcome will never be in doubt either.

 

Just like the OSU / UM game a few weeks back. :thumb:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you 100% in that neither team has a solid arguement against the other. GT seems to have a different opinion though. I trust the coaches opinion more than anyone else so if that's what they want they know more about football then we do.

You seem to have missed my point by a mile. If the vote for #3 last week was even close, I'd have no argument. So, was it beating two loss Arkansas, or was it because USC lost? The answer is clear. The BCS did not do its job. Plain and simple. UM moved ahead of Florida after Auburn beat the Gators. UM stayed ahead of Florida after they lost to OSU. So it's the Arkansas game that convinced voters? Give me a freaking break...

  • Author
Quit bringing up Georgia as your only SEC example. We're talking UF and UM.

 

This year, ND was better than FSU, no doubt. Other than that you're telling me Vandy, Central Michigan and Ball State are great OOC games. Get real. I'm not saying Southern Miss , UCF, and West Carolina are better, but their not worse. Florida also handed 62 and 42 points shutout losses to two of those teams.

 

Add to that the fact that only 5 Big10 teams have a winning record, and UM only played 4 of the 5, and now who played the harder schedule?

 

The only team without a winning record in the SEC east was Vandy, who UM also played.

I don't know how to argue with this ridiculous logic. First off, I would think it's fairly common knowledge that most D1 teams are better than 1AA teams, definately better than 2-9 1AA teams, just like D2 teams are better than D3 teams, and so on. So I'll go out on a limb and say that UM's weakest team, Ball St. or Vandy, is better than Western Carolina. As you pointed out ND is better than FSU. Central Michigan is the MAC champion, and are at least AS good(probably should be saying better here) as an 8-5 Southern Miss club. Now we have UCF, who has a nearly identical record to Vandy and less of a record than Ball St.(who had a winning record). So if the SEC is the strongest conference, Vandy has to be better than UCF right? So by my count that's at least 3 games, possibly all 4, where UM is better than UF.

  • Author
Really?? How about Kentucky.

 

UofL (11-1)

 

AND

Let me rephrase that. What good team? Any of the "top" teams?

Let me rephrase that. What good team? Any of the "top" teams?

UT played Cal. Beginning and end of discussion...

UT played Cal. Beginning and end of discussion...

Michigan played ND... It's a game played every year.

OSU played Texas...

....

.....

......

.......

........

.........

  • Author
Michigan played ND... It's a game played every year.

OSU played Texas...

....

.....

......

.......

........

.........

PSU played ND.

Illinois played Rutgers

Minnesota played Cal.

MSU played ND.

First of all I will start by saying that I really am not a Florida or a Michigan fan so that I can't be accused of being bias. I think that Lou Holtz hit it on the money last night when he told Kirk Herbstreit that "If you want me to give you a good logical reason as to why Florida should be in the national title game I can. However, I can't give you a reason that Michigan shouldn't be." I think that says it best. No matter how much childish bickering we fans want to put forth in these pointless online arguments, it isn't going to change the fact that the BCS is a broken system. Now the BIG 11 fans are getting a taste of the BCS system which screwed Oregon in 2001 (I think) and Auburn two years ago. Now what the SEC should do, instead of praising the BCS because Florida got in, is get together with the other conferences that have gotten the shaft before and implement a playoff system. Until then, this is going to happen almost every year....

First of all I will start by saying that I really am not a Florida or a Michigan fan so that I can't be accused of being bias. I think that Lou Holtz hit it on the money last night when he told Kirk Herbstreit that "If you want me to give you a good logical reason as to why Florida should be in the national title game I can. However, I can't give you a reason that Michigan shouldn't be." I think that says it best. No matter how much childish bickering we fans want to put forth in these pointless online arguments, it isn't going to change the fact that the BCS is a broken system. Now the BIG 11 fans are getting a taste of the BCS system which screwed Oregon in 2001 (I think) and Auburn two years ago. Now what the SEC should do, instead of praising the BCS because Florida got in, is get together with the other conferences that have gotten the shaft before and implement a playoff system. Until then, this is going to happen almost every year....

The SEC runs the BCS. Isn't it ironic...

PSU played ND.

Illinois played Rutgers

Minnesota played Cal.

MSU played ND.

South Carolina played Clemson

Florida played FSU

Miss St played WVU

Vandy played Michigan

UK played Lousiville

Arkansas played USC

 

Those are just top of my head, surely there are more.

The SEC runs the BCS. Isn't it ironic...

Yep... that's why undefeated Auburn was left out a few years ago. SEC has it riggged :rolleyes:

Yep... that's why undefeated Auburn was left out a few years ago. SEC has it riggged :rolleyes:

That was three teams undefeated in BCS play. Someone had to be left out, and Auburn was behind #1 and #2 from the start. There was no way to put the fix in on that one. Rest assured, they tried...

That was three teams undefeated in BCS play. Someone had to be left out, and Auburn was behind #1 and #2 from the start. There was no way to put the fix in on that one. Rest assured, they tried...

Florida was behind Michigan all year... the fix is on this year though

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Florida was behind Michigan all year... the fix is on this year though

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right. Now you are catching on. Florida was behind Michigan for seven weeks, and with UM idle, the Gators won a sloppy game and made a HUGE jump. The USC loss was bigger than the Florida win. That's my single problem...

^ The question was to name a team that had beaten two OOC opponents with winning records... Miss. State, Michigan State, Vandy, Illinois (maybe Minnesota) had losing records.

 

Besides USC and UL (which have both been applauded for scheduling), I am not sure how many (if any) team beat multiple OOC teams with a winning record. It would have to be something similar to UK beating a team from a mid-major...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.