Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Bowl: Louisville vs. Wake Forest

Who wins the Orange Bowl? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Orange Bowl?

    • Wake Forest by 1-9 points
      3%
    • Louisville by 1-9 points
      22%
    • Wake Forest by 10 or more
      1%
    • Louisville by 10 or more
      73%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What do you think about the matchup?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a boring lopsided match up. Shame on the ACC for being so bad this year.

This game is not a game I really would look forward to watching. I really wish UL could have played somebody else. I think this game will be alot like the UK-UL game this year, with UL winning pretty easily...

  • Author
This game is not a game I really would look forward to watching. I really wish UL could have played somebody else. I think this game will be alot like the UK-UL game this year, with UL winning pretty easily...

I kind of feel the same way. I wish UofL was playing a big name school as I think it makes them look better. It is amazing what UofL has done. The Orange Bowl is an awsome accomplishment but playing Wake is a letdown. Wake has a good defense but if they get down then I think Louisville wins big!

Congrats to UL for winning the Big East, and making it to a BCS Bowl. I think this is an excellent match up for UL, and can see them winning by 7-10 or more.

Cards roll! Cards roll!

 

:dancingpa

Rushing offense:

Louisville 10th, Wake 44th

Edge- Louisville by 34

 

Passing offense

Louisville 7th, Wake 107th

Edge- Louisville by 100

 

Total offense:

Louisville 2nd, Wake 98th

Edge- Louisville by 96

 

Scoring offense:

Louisville 3rd, Wake 74th

Edge- Louisville by 71

 

Rushing defense:

Louisville 21st, Wake 22nd

Edge- Louisville by 1

 

Pass efficiency defense:

Louisville 22nd, Wake 24th

Edge- Louisville by 2

 

Total defense:

Wake 39th, Louisville 41st

Edge- Wake by 2

 

Scoring defense:

Wake 10th, Louisville 19th

Edge- Wake by 9

 

SOS (by CBSSportsline):

Louisville 35th, Wake 71st

Edge- Louisville by 36

 

Statistically, the defenses are pretty similar, but Louisville holds a very, very significant edge in offense. Louisville also played a much better schedule. With Brohm on fire the way that he is, Louisville should win this game. Anything can happen, and it's a month away so I won't predict a score, but I see Louisville big at this point.

I think the 'Ville handles Wake fairly easily here...hopefully they will put on a show!

I will take the Cards by 28... it will be fun to watch for a few quarters.

Offense vs defense statistical rankings:

 

Passing vs passing efficiency defense:

UL O has a 14 spot advantage

UL D has an 85 spot advantage

 

Rushing vs rush defense:

UL O has a 12 spot advantage

UL D has a 23 spot advantage

 

Total O vs total D:

UL O has a 37 spot advantage

UL D has a 57 spot advantage

 

Scoring O vs scoring D:

UL O has a 7 spot advantage

UL D has a 55 spot advantage

 

Theres not a lot to like for Wake there.

Offense vs defense statistical rankings:

 

Passing vs passing efficiency defense:

UL O has a 14 spot advantage

UL D has an 85 spot advantage

 

Rushing vs rush defense:

UL O has a 12 spot advantage

UL D has a 23 spot advantage

 

Total O vs total D:

UL O has a 37 spot advantage

UL D has a 57 spot advantage

 

Scoring O vs scoring D:

UL O has a 7 spot advantage

UL D has a 55 spot advantage

 

Theres not a lot to like for Wake there.

 

Are we back to using stats to back up our argument?

  • Author
Rushing offense:

Louisville 10th, Wake 44th

Edge- Louisville by 34

 

Passing offense

Louisville 7th, Wake 107th

Edge- Louisville by 100

 

Total offense:

Louisville 2nd, Wake 98th

Edge- Louisville by 96

 

Scoring offense:

Louisville 3rd, Wake 74th

Edge- Louisville by 71

 

Rushing defense:

Louisville 21st, Wake 22nd

Edge- Louisville by 1

 

Pass efficiency defense:

Louisville 22nd, Wake 24th

Edge- Louisville by 2

 

Total defense:

Wake 39th, Louisville 41st

Edge- Wake by 2

 

Scoring defense:

Wake 10th, Louisville 19th

Edge- Wake by 9

 

SOS (by CBSSportsline):

Louisville 35th, Wake 71st

Edge- Louisville by 36

 

Statistically, the defenses are pretty similar, but Louisville holds a very, very significant edge in offense. Louisville also played a much better schedule. With Brohm on fire the way that he is, Louisville should win this game. Anything can happen, and it's a month away so I won't predict a score, but I see Louisville big at this point.

Breaking it down my man! I agree that Louisville is hard not to like big in this one. The only thing Wake has going is that they seem to just be one of those teams that play together and play people tough!

I kind of feel the same way. I wish UofL was playing a big name school as I think it makes them look better. It is amazing what UofL has done. The Orange Bowl is an awsome accomplishment but playing Wake is a letdown. Wake has a good defense but if they get down then I think Louisville wins big!

 

UL probably deserves a shot at playing one of the bigger name teams, such as Notre Dame or LSU, which would have given them and the Big East a shot at some big-time recognition.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.