• Louisville by 10 or more

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha.
It was a joke, by the way.

Seriously, stats are only useful if all other things are equal. Brohm's injuries this past year made the stats less meaningful than they would have been. If there hadn't been the injuries and missed time for Brohm, things would have been more equal.

In this case, the only way to 'correct' for different backgrounds is to compare the yardage and scoring game by game, and compare the opponent's season statistics to what happened in each game, etc. I might get around to this, there's lots of time between now and January, but for right now the SOS comparison is the best I can do with 2 tests tomorrow.:lol:

UL probably deserves a shot at playing one of the bigger name teams, such as Notre Dame or LSU, which would have given them and the Big East a shot at some big-time recognition.

I agree. I wish Wake and GT had to play again so WVU and UofL could have more exciting games!

Too bad UL didn't get to play a famously good team, I would have liked to have seen that.

Don't count out Wake. By the way everyone is talking on here, it should be a laugher. Strange things have happened this year for UL, and with some poor opponents they've had trouble dominating.

UL - 27

WF - 21

Rushing offense:

Louisville 10th, Wake 44th

Edge- Louisville by 34

Passing offense

Louisville 7th, Wake 107th

Edge- Louisville by 100

Total offense:

Louisville 2nd, Wake 98th

Edge- Louisville by 96

Scoring offense:

Louisville 3rd, Wake 74th

Edge- Louisville by 71

Rushing defense:

Louisville 21st, Wake 22nd

Edge- Louisville by 1

Pass efficiency defense:

Louisville 22nd, Wake 24th

Edge- Louisville by 2

Total defense:

Wake 39th, Louisville 41st

Edge- Wake by 2

Scoring defense:

Wake 10th, Louisville 19th

Edge- Wake by 9

SOS (by CBSSportsline):

Louisville 35th, Wake 71st

Edge- Louisville by 36

Statistically, the defenses are pretty similar, but Louisville holds a very, very significant edge in offense. Louisville also played a much better schedule. With Brohm on fire the way that he is, Louisville should win this game. Anything can happen, and it's a month away so I won't predict a score, but I see Louisville big at this point.

You left out one stat...

Wins in Florida (all time):

Louisville 0

Wake Forest 2 this year already.

;)

You left out one stat...

Wins in Florida (all time):

Louisville 0

Wake Forest 2 this year already.

;)

I've been thinking of kicking you ever since Grothe was such a baby after they got spanked ("They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be") so don't tempt me.:cool:

I've been thinking of kicking you ever since Grothe was such a baby after they got spanked ("They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be") so don't tempt me.:cool:
I have no intention of defending or trashing Grothe. That's his opinion and he'll either have to back it up or pay for it next year. So kick away, but don't shank it. :D :banana: