Boyle County 31 Central 14

16thBBall Fan

McDaniel is going to be a little slow in the morning. He took some big hits tonight. Central flat out can lay the wood to you. Other than Fern Creeks 34, tonight is the most points they have given up this season.

Central had some players! Looking forward to next week's game with a very good Johnson Central team.

I do not have a 2019 NFHS rule book handy, however I did find last years. Rule 9-1 states: An offensive player shall not push, pull or lift the runner to assist his -

forward progress. PENALTY: Helping the runner (S44) – 5 yards (Per NFHS 2018 publication)

Based off of this, and to my memory there was no change to this rule or the interpretation of the rule, I will say it is still illegal and should have been called.

I do not have a 2019 NFHS rule book handy, however I did find last years. Rule 9-1 states: An offensive player shall not push, pull or lift the runner to assist his -

forward progress. PENALTY: Helping the runner (S44) – 5 yards (Per NFHS 2018 publication)

Based off of this, and to my memory there was no change to this rule or the interpretation of the rule, I will say it is still illegal and should have been called.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the citation. :thumb:

I think the Rebel coaches overlooked it a few times but on the 2 point conversion that made it 24-14 they really l got into the refs then because it was so obviously blatant.

On the 2pt conversion they didn’t push him, they lifted him up off the ground and carried him.

They did that on a similar play earlier on a QB sneak. It's one thing to have the big FB run you over and into the line to gain, it's another for your big lineman to grab the QB the pads and start pulling him upfield. :thumb:

McDaniel is going to be a little slow in the morning. He took some big hits tonight. Central flat out can lay the wood to you. Other than Fern Creeks 34, tonight is the most points they have given up this season.

Central had some players! Looking forward to next week's game with a very good Johnson Central team.

Is McDaniel any relation to former Danville/Centre College great Tim McDaniel and Centre coach Joe McDaniel?

I think the helping the runner penalty was abolished in college and pro football but not sure about high school rules. I can’t remember ever seeing it called.

I’m not sure I’ve seen it as blatant as last night.