November 22, 20196 yr John expects everyone to practice at maximum effort. Jarron isn't fond of practice.
November 22, 20196 yr Jarron knows he’s the best player on the team and didn’t think he had to prove himself to a new coach. Hopefully, he sees the bigger picture soon.
November 23, 20196 yr Had 23 pts and the game winner for UC tonight.. I'd say he responded well to the message from JB.
November 23, 20196 yr Had 23 pts and the game winner for UC tonight.. I'd say he responded well to the message from JB. The bench is the best teacher sometimes!
November 25, 20196 yr Had 23 pts and the game winner for UC tonight.. I'd say he responded well to the message from JB. Something is still off, this sucks.
November 25, 20196 yr Something is still off, this sucks. Brannen said in the post game that JC hurt his ankle and that it stiffened up on him once he went to the bench. With a 10 point lead and under 4 mins to go, he didn't want to insert him back in and risk further injury. Jarron was the one who made the decision and asked to come back in to the game in OT. I'm not worried at all. JB knows Jarron is his best player and best chance to win. JB has shown a willingness to adapt to his personnel and their strengths over the years if it helps the team and I could see that happening very soon with how these first 6 games have played out. I could see Jarron sliding over to the point very soon. Having the ball in his hands as much as possible is UC's best chance to win.
November 25, 20196 yr Brannen said in the post game that JC hurt his ankle and that it stiffened up on him once he went to the bench. With a 10 point lead and under 4 mins to go, he didn't want to insert him back in and risk further injury. Jarron was the one who made the decision and asked to come back in to the game in OT. I'm not worried at all. JB knows Jarron is his best player and best chance to win. JB has shown a willingness to adapt to his personnel and their strengths over the years if it helps the team and I could see that happening very soon with how these first 6 games have played out. I could see Jarron sliding over to the point very soon. Having the ball in his hands as much as possible is UC's best chance to win. Not in uniform tonight, my guess is it will be listed as injury related.
November 26, 20196 yr Not in uniform tonight, my guess is it will be listed as injury related. Foot/ankle injury from previous game. Don't think there's really a story here, JA. Brannen complimented JC after the BG game for his toughness to try to gut it out and do what he could in OT. UC doesn't play again til Sat. This game meant nothing, so I'm sure he was thinking rest to prevent further injury before a stretch that includes UNLV, Vermont, and X in 7 days.
November 26, 20196 yr Foot/ankle injury from previous game. Don't think there's really a story here, JA. Brannen complimented JC after the BG game for his toughness to try to gut it out and do what he could in OT. UC doesn't play again til Sat. This game meant nothing, so I'm sure he was thinking rest to prevent further injury before a stretch that includes UNLV, Vermont, and X in 7 days. There is 100% a story here, and Brannen had no choice but to use coach-speak. Shame that Jarron is choosing to handle his senior year in this fashion, he could have gone down as one of a great program's all time best players.
November 26, 20196 yr There is 100% a story here, and Brannen had no choice but to use coach-speak. Shame that Jarron is choosing to handle his senior year in this fashion, he could have gone down as one of a great program's all time best players. From Justin Williams of The Athletic: Brannen said afterward that Cumberland’s toe flared up, his ankle tightened, and it got to the point where it had been too long to bring him back in, despite him eventually coming back and gutting it out for the final three minutes of overtime. But then he missed the narrow win over Valpo on Monday due to the ankle, and a new round of uncertainty follows him back to Cincinnati, this time health-related. Brannen flat out called Chris McNeal out for messing up the play on Jarron's game winner against Illinois State. If Jarron Sat last night because of a "Coach Decision", my guess is he would have said that instead of bringing up the injury post game.
November 26, 20196 yr From Justin Williams of The Athletic: Brannen said afterward that Cumberland’s toe flared up, his ankle tightened, and it got to the point where it had been too long to bring him back in, despite him eventually coming back and gutting it out for the final three minutes of overtime. But then he missed the narrow win over Valpo on Monday due to the ankle, and a new round of uncertainty follows him back to Cincinnati, this time health-related. Brannen flat out called Chris McNeal out for messing up the play on Jarron's game winner against Illinois State. If Jarron Sat last night because of a "Coach Decision", my guess is he would have said that instead of bringing up the injury post game. I'm not. There is definitely a story here, has been since mid-summer, and I hope for UC's sake (as well as Jarron and John specifically) that they can get on the same page.
November 26, 20196 yr I'm not. There is definitely a story here, has been since mid-summer, and I hope for UC's sake (as well as Jarron and John specifically) that they can get on the same page. I can tell you with 100% certainty that Jarron was held out against Valpo because of the ankle and his back being sore from the fall he took against BG. Are things great between JB and Jarron? Not at all, and claiming otherwise is not knowing the situation, but he wasn't held out in the Virgin Islands because of anything off the court. I'm not guessing either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.