College Football Playoff Top 25 (11-5-19)

16thBBall Fan

I have no idea how good Bama is this year. They have been about as inconsistent as I have seen them be in years. But on that note, how good is anybody at this point. PSU gets a lot of bump for beating a Michigan team that is ok, an Iowa team that is just ok. I wonder what the vegas line would be for a matchup between PSU and Bama.

Bama -11 would be what I would set it at.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean yes technically LSU could still be one of the best four teams. #1 could beat #4 by 200 points and #4 could still be one of the best four. My point is the best team(s) in America do not get blown out, by anybody.

When's the last time a National Champion in football that got blown out during the season and went on to win it all? How often does that happen?

Probably OSU in 2014. Bama got beat pretty handily by Auburn in 2017 as well but 12 points isn’t really a blowout. I was talking about the 4 best teams though not national champion.

Probably OSU in 2014. Bama got beat pretty handily by Auburn in 2017 as well but 12 points isn’t really a blowout. I was talking about the 4 best teams though not national champion.

I don't consider losing by 14 points to Virginia Tech getting blown out. That game was tied in the 4th, then down 7 with a minute to go before OSU threw a pick 6 to seal it. It was just a shocking lost at home by OSU to a team that proved not to be that good.

I don’t disagree with this at all. But it’s ironic to hear people say this when talking about Bama but when OSU is brought up all we hear is, “they ain’t played nobody PAWWLLL!”

Nah; I don't listen to him. But I'm with you with the Bama thing. I just think it's too early to really tell if PSU or Bama or Clemson is really good. OSU and LSU I think we can all agree they are very good at this point.

There job is also to put the best 4 teams. Which I think most people would say if you put Bama and Penn State on the same field Bama wins.

Quite honestly I think Penn State will show to be a fraud soon enough anyways. I expect OSU to curb stomp them.

If OSU does curb stomp PSU, why does that automatically make them a fraud? Why is that where your mind automatically goes to? If Bama rolls LSU this weekend would your mind automatically go to LSU being a fraud or is Bama just that good? Most likely the reaction would be Bama is just that good. Losing to one of the 2 best teams in the country doesn’t make you a fraud.

Is it ok if I consider Penn State a fraud now? So far two big 10 teams Wisconsin and Penn State have been talked up as being for real, only to lose shortly after.

I expect Minnesota to now turn around and lose to Iowa next.

Is it ok if I consider Penn State a fraud now? So far two big 10 teams Wisconsin and Penn State have been talked up as being for real, only to lose shortly after.

Yes. Fraud.

Penn State and Franklin show who they are again. Let’s see if LSU holds, the top 4 is already cracking.

Edited by John Anthony