College Football Playoff Top 25 (11-5-19)

16thBBall Fan

Ha yes, I just think a one loss Penn State doesn’t gets a pass like a one loss Bama.

Which is the point I was trying to make? If both have 1 loss to Ohio State and LSU respectively, Penn State will have a better resume than Bama but I don’t think people would view Penn State in the same way they view Bama.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you feel the same way about Bama if they lose to LSU? Would the committee leave Bama out?

No but at the end of the day even though Bama resume wouldn't be good either. They with one lost would still be looked at more favorably than Penn State, no matter how much you wouldn't want them to be.

No but at the end of the day even though Bama resume wouldn't be good either. They with one lost would still be looked at more favorably than Penn State, no matter how much you wouldn't want them to be.

I agree and that’s the point I was trying to make. I think most people would agree Bama would be ahead of Penn State in that scenario, but is that fair when the committees job is to evaluate strictly on 2019? It’s likely not.

I agree and that’s the point I was trying to make. I think most people would agree Bama would be ahead of Penn State in that scenario, but is that fair when the committees job is to evaluate strictly on 2019? It’s likely not.

There job is also to put the best 4 teams. Which I think most people would say if you put Bama and Penn State on the same field Bama wins.

Quite honestly I think Penn State will show to be a fraud soon enough anyways. I expect OSU to curb stomp them.

There job is also to put the best 4 teams. Which I think most people would say if you put Bama and Penn State on the same field Bama wins.

Quite honestly I think Penn State will show to be a fraud soon enough anyways. I expect OSU to curb stomp them.

If OSU does curb stomp PSU, why does that automatically make them a fraud? Why is that where your mind automatically goes to? If Bama rolls LSU this weekend would your mind automatically go to LSU being a fraud or is Bama just that good? Most likely the reaction would be Bama is just that good. Losing to one of the 2 best teams in the country doesn’t make you a fraud.

If OSU does curb stomp PSU, why does that automatically make them a fraud? Why is that where your mind automatically goes to? If Bama rolls LSU this weekend would your mind automatically go to LSU being a fraud or is Bama just that good? Most likely the reaction would be Bama is just that good. Losing to one of the 2 best teams in the country doesn’t make you a fraud.

If Bama rolls LSU I'll think LSU isn't really as good as we all thought. The best teams in the country don't get blown out.

I will be honest I have only seen 2 games of Penn State this year and they don't look like a top 10 team to me. That is why I consider them a fraud. Much like I thought the the same about Wisconsin and they were eventually exposed. They remind me of Florida a good team, but not truly a top 10 team type good. So maybe fraud was to harsh of a word.

If Bama rolls LSU I'll think LSU isn't really as good as we all thought. The best teams in the country don't get blown out.

In that scenario it doesn’t mean that LSU couldn’t still be one of the 4 best teams in the country though. In the scenario, maybe Bama is just that good. Bama got rolled by Clemson in the championship and I think most people still believe Bama was the 2nd best team in the country last year.

It's the committees job to put the best four teams in the playoffs. That's why they were chosen to be on the committee. Eye test is a buzz word thrown around but the fact is the people in the room are supposed to know what a good football team looks like. The resume and data and analytics are a part of the equation. But you are also supposed to be able to look at film; evaluate film to see who the best four teams are. If all we are gonna use to determine this is data and analytics then why have a committee. Any software programmer can come in develop that.

Clemson will be in the playoffs. They aren't losing to any team in the ACC. However I can see how the committee chose Penn State at #4 over them. The win at home against Michigan, and the road win at Iowa is better than any wins on or will be on Clemson's schedule. Why would Clemson play Wofford last week. C'mon man! That doesn't help your cause. They knew the ACC would be weak this year, you have to buy your way out of that game, last year to find a team with a pulse that would have played them this year.

I have no idea how good Bama is this year. They have been about as inconsistent as I have seen them be in years. But on that note, how good is anybody at this point. PSU gets a lot of bump for beating a Michigan team that is ok, an Iowa team that is just ok. I wonder what the vegas line would be for a matchup between PSU and Bama.

In that scenario it doesn’t mean that LSU couldn’t still be one of the 4 best teams in the country though. In the scenario, maybe Bama is just that good. Bama got rolled by Clemson in the championship and I think most people still believe Bama was the 2nd best team in the country last year.

I mean yes technically LSU could still be one of the best four teams. #1 could beat #4 by 200 points and #4 could still be one of the best four. My point is the best team(s) in America do not get blown out, by anybody.

When's the last time a National Champion in football that got blown out during the season and went on to win it all? How often does that happen?

Clemson will be in the playoffs. They aren't losing to any team in the ACC. However I can see how the committee chose Penn State at #4 over them. The win at home against Michigan, and the road win at Iowa is better than any wins on or will be on Clemson's schedule. Why would Clemson play Wofford last week. C'mon man! That doesn't help your cause. They knew the ACC would be weak this year, you have to buy your way out of that game, last year to find a team with a pulse that would have played them this year.

I hear what you are saying, but Clemson doesn't necessarily need to schedule up. If they go undefeated and win the ACC they are in every single time. Now, they may get boat raced in the playoffs for playing a week schedule, but they'll always get in undefeated, just like any team from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, etc.

It's the committees job to put the best four teams in the playoffs. That's why they were chosen to be on the committee. Eye test is a buzz word thrown around but the fact is the people in the room are supposed to know what a good football team looks like. The resume and data and analytics are a part of the equation. But you are also supposed to be able to look at film; evaluate film to see who the best four teams are. If all we are gonna use to determine this is data and analytics then why have a committee. Any software programmer can come in develop that.

I don’t disagree with this at all. But it’s ironic to hear people say this when talking about Bama but when OSU is brought up all we hear is, “they ain’t played nobody PAWWLLL!”