Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which schools play varsity starters in JV games?

Featured Replies

Thank you.

 

So I guess the only player a team has to be concerned about is the freshman that also plays varsity.

 

Or a varsity game that goes into overtime after playing four quarters in JV and four quarters of regulation on Friday night.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I see this being beneficial is if you have a Freshman phenom who is being thrust into immediate playing time due to an injury, but they want to continue to get snaps at their future natural position.

 

A.K.A if a kid is the future QB but he is having to play DB or WR on Varsity.

I remember a time when I was playing where the team we played (I can't remember who, exactly, but I want to say it was either Holmes or Scott) had a kid starting against us at MLB who also ended up starting at MLB in the JV game on Saturday. We were told that their team lost their #1 and #2 MLB's in the two weeks previous to us, and they were trying to get their new starter some in-game playing time for the sake of experience. I'm sure he was worn out by the end of the day on Saturday, but I don't see a problem with having him in both games.

My sophomore year I became a starter after our 2nd game when the guy ahead of me got hurt. They made me keep playing JV to get extra practice. After a few games I went into the coaches office and told them I didn't think it was fair for me to keep playing JV when we had guys who never saw the field. Apparently they saw my point and I never played JV again. We also didn't allow seniors to play JV.

The quarter count goes from Friday to Thursday. So if there is overtime Friday you can plan accordingly for JV.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.