Rose Hill 53 Boyd Co 50

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some rough #'s, but I, also, would like to see some official stats.

Emily Queen: 24 points on 7/19 shooting (includes 0/2 3ptrs), 10/13 free throws, 17 rebounds, 9 steals, 3 assists, 6 turnovers

Laura Terry:15 points on 6/16 shooting (includes 1/4 3ptrs), 2/4 free throws, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, 4 turnovers

Brit Faulkner:6 points on 1/2 shooting (no 3 ptrs), 4/6 free throws, 1 assist, 8 turnovers

Other notables: Kelsee Hammonds 2 points, 5 rebounds for the 7th grader.

Congratulations, girls. Typical 1st game jitters, inability to settle down, extremely rough play, but much to be learned from the game.

Emily Queen: 24 points on 7/19 shooting (includes 0/2 3ptrs), 10/13 free throws, 17 rebounds, 9 steals, 3 assists, 6 turnovers

Laura Terry:15 points on 6/16 shooting (includes 1/4 3ptrs), 2/4 free throws, 7 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, 4 turnovers

Brit Faulkner:6 points on 1/2 shooting (no 3 ptrs), 4/6 free throws, 1 assist, 8 turnovers

Other notables: Kelsee Hammonds 2 points, 5 rebounds for the 7th grader.

Congratulations, girls. Typical 1st game jitters, inability to settle down, extremely rough play, but much to be learned from the game.

Sounds like a lot of turnovers. 17 rebounds is pretty impressive.

Had you seen the game, you might understand...it was very, very physical. 51 fouls called...RHCS 27, BC 24...half that number that were overlooked. Rose Hill seemed to be in a rush all evening...even when time was running down...but that kind of anxiety should ease as the season progresses. Getting to Richmond and to Diddle again this season will be a monumental task...but it remains the goal. It's not supposed to be easy.

I wouldnt put too much emphasis on the first game of the season, I would say a lot of the boys teams start out the same way, didnt Rose Hill lose their first game last year? Sounds like they are ahead of last year to me

They will be fine

They won last year's home opener against Boyd County and then got smacked by West Carter in the first game for which the Faulkner girls were eligible.

A real treat this season will be watching the maturity of the young girls that are playing.

Scooterbob is 100% correct. This was a 10-15 point game until the last miniute with Queen, Terry, and Faulkner all in foul trouble. Rose Hill seemed to be in a hurry all night but the positive is that younger girls did their job when foul trouble set in. The last to fouls on Queen, esp. #4, were as bad a calls as I have ever seen and both were by the same official. Other than that I had no real issue with the officiating.

I remember that sky was falling after the West Carter blow out last year. Only time will tell.

As has been aptly stated many times, a win is a win and it certainly is better than a loss. The game was played in the rough and tumble, no holds barred manner that obviously Boyd County prepared for and wanted. It almost worked. However, in the end, Rose Hill won and that is what counts in the end.

It will be interesting, and at times frustrating, to watch the development of players #4-#15. However, you have to be optimistic since no one in the Commonwealth has a better foundation than does Rose Hill with players #1-#3.

Sorry if I offended you, but since RH's program has come unto itself, the only way for them to get an evenly called game is to play outside of the 16th region. Rose Hill has tremendous talent. Their biggest weakness is the depth of the bench. Opposing teams know this. To get Queen, Terry, and Faulkner on the bench is the best chance for a W against the Royals. I wouldn't mind the fouls on RH if the calls went both ways. But I'm tired of seeing the RH girls get beat to death on one end of the court, and called for playing patty cake on the other.

Do you have any evidence that backs this theory up? By your name its obvious that you are close to the Rose Hill program, so maybe you are just letting some steam out over a close game or something. Why would the reffs care if Rose Hill won every game they played this year ? Its not like the Rose Hill Girls Baskettball team is a powerhouse program that has thumped everyone in the reason for the last 10 years. I honestly dont think that the officals are going to win or lose too many games for you all last year. I agree, the calls were bad, but atleast they were bad both ways. I think someone stated earlier that the fouls were 27-24 in the favor of Boyd, that would make a person think that you all got your fair share of calls also. I guess by Boyd getting 3 more fouls the "refs kept it close."

Ashland's Daily Indpendent had her with 14 rebounds, but then again the young sports writer also had her with shooting 7/14 and Terry with 6/14. I believe he was wrong on all three counts. The RHCS statskeeper watches and records only the Lady Royals and films have confirmed her accuracy consistently.

Good job, Emily, on the near miss of a triple-double (1 steal shy). Laura, had two of your "fouls" been awarded as the blocks they in fact were, you would have been in the game at the end.