Something to chomp on for the Tubby bashers....

mexitucky

When you read this, keep in mind that I still don't like his offensive set and his coaching staff's recruiting abilities, but he is a class act.

My cousin and her husband went to Maui to watch the Wildcats in the Maui Classic with their son. Their son is wheelchair bound with a mental developmental issue. He is a beautiful kid and apparently made an impression on Donna Smith. She gave my cousin passes to the UCLA game and they were able to sit courtside. Before the game, Tubby made it a point to shake hands with him. The Smith's did not have to do it, but they did, and many people wouldn't. In my opinion, that is outstanding.

I don't think that anyone would question Coach Smith's personal side. I have met him twice and he has always been more than eager to speak and chit chat. As far as class people, I don't think you can beat him. It is the basketball side (mainly on the offensive side of the ball) that leaves a little to be desired in my opinion.

When you read this, keep in mind that I still don't like his offensive set and his coaching staff's recruiting abilities, but he is a class act.

My cousin and her husband went to Maui to watch the Wildcats in the Maui Classic with their son. Their son is wheelchair bound with a mental developmental issue. He is a beautiful kid and apparently made an impression on Donna Smith. She gave my cousin passes to the UCLA game and they were able to sit courtside. Before the game, Tubby made it a point to shake hands with him. The Smith's did not have to do it, but they did, and many people wouldn't. In my opinion, that is outstanding.

I would think most decent people would do these things. He is a great man but it is time for a change in UK hoops.

I bleed blue. What concerns me about our fans is all the negative talk we have. If we're not careful we could be like Alabama football. Nobody would want this job for all the scrutiny they have to go through. Bama I think has that problem now.