Something to chomp on for the Tubby bashers....

mexitucky

I agree with what most posters have said...that his character isn't and has never been an issue.

I simply believe that his basketball philosophy is atrocious. It's an ugly brand of basketball that people do not enjoy watching, playing, and it has not been effective to its lack of big time recruits. I'm slowly starting to think that it may even be too complicated because I haven't seen a UK team in the past couple years able to run a smooth, fluent offense.

Tubby might be one of those coaches whose Xs & Os are better suited for the NBA, but his demeanor and character is as good as any college coach around.

With that said, and being that I am a born Kentuckian, the success of the UK program is and always should be of more importance than the coach's character issues. Not that I want a Bob Huggins at the helm, but a coach's job is to win games.:D

With that said, and being that I am a born Kentuckian, the success of the UK program is and always should be of more importance than the coach's character issues. Not that I want a Bob Huggins at the helm, but a coach's job is to win games.:D

Outside of the character concerns, you have a Bob Huggins clone as the coach at UK right now... ;)

Tubby Bashers? Or UK fans who believe we should be a top 10 program year in year out? What amazes me, one of the first things you think of when someone mentions Tubby... is how nice of a guy he is. Not what kinda teams he produces. Tubby is a perfect example "of the nice guy always finishing last."

I bleed blue. What concerns me about our fans is all the negative talk we have. If we're not careful we could be like Alabama football. Nobody would want this job for all the scrutiny they have to go through. Bama I think has that problem now.

Very good point Da champ, that is what I have been trying to say for a long time with all the Tubby bashing.

I also question some of Tubby's basketball decisions, mostly on the lack of recruiting. Imo a lot of people calling for his oust at U.K. had best be careful what they wish for. Remember Eddie (AA meeting) Sutton or "H. Bumme and Basset in football? I have been very critical of Brooks and staff but I would much rather have them than that bunch. I do know that no matter who is at the helm of U.K. b.b. that they will be scrutinized, critisized and every move they make questioned. U.K. b.b. coaches have always been questioned by the fans. That, fair or not, goes along with the job and it is not going to change. A national championship is the goal every year at U.K. and that has not changed and will not change no matter who is there. I also know that OTS is a very good basketball coach, a class individual who runs a clean program and has forgotten more basketball than anyone on this forum will ever know. JMO

I also question some of Tubby's basketball decisions, mostly on the lack of recruiting. Imo a lot of people calling for his oust at U.K. had best be careful what they wish for. Remember Eddie (AA meeting) Sutton or "H. Bumme and Basset in football? I have been very critical of Brooks and staff but I would much rather have them than that bunch. I do know that no matter who is at the helm of U.K. b.b. that they will be scrutinized, critisized and every move they make questioned. U.K. b.b. coaches have always been questioned by the fans. That, fair or not, goes along with the job and it is not going to change. A national championship is the goal every year at U.K. and that has not changed and will not change no matter who is there. I also know that OTS is a very good basketball coach, a class individual who runs a clean program and has forgotten more basketball than anyone on this forum will ever know. JMO

Agreed, my man, agreed.:thumb: :thumb:

I'm not a UK fan nor a Tubby fan but give the man a break. UK fans are the most unrealistic group I have ever been around. Rich Brooks has made dramatic improvements in football in the toughest conference in the nation and what do the fans want???? Fire him.

Tubby Smith is always there with the leaders in the SEC which in basketball is one of the top 3 conferences in the nation and the fans want him fired.

Fans criticize his play calling and offensive philosophy but what are your credentials? How many SEC championships have you won? Better yet how many high school and pee wee games have you won? I know fans criticize and some people say they have the right to do it but I think there is a limit to the criticism a coach can have. Remember you are a fan of the school and you should support it win or lose. If a coach is consistently losing then maybe the pressure can add up but neither Smith nor Brooks are in that category (I feel Brooks doesn't qualify seeing how bad the program was when he took over).

I know this post won't have too many positive replies and that is fine - that is what this forum is about - trading opinions. You guys have yours and I have mine. Leave these men alone for a while and support them. See what happens after you do that. The one post is right - if you "fans" don't watch it NO ONE will want either job.

Remember it's easy to be right when your name isn't on the line, your not on the bench in the heat of the moment and your wife is bringing you another beer while you are on the recliner.

I'm not a UK fan nor a Tubby fan but give the man a break. UK fans are the most unrealistic group I have ever been around. Rich Brooks has made dramatic improvements in football in the toughest conference in the nation and what do the fans want???? Fire him.

Tubby Smith is always there with the leaders in the SEC which in basketball is one of the top 3 conferences in the nation and the fans want him fired.

Fans criticize his play calling and offensive philosophy but what are your credentials? How many SEC championships have you won? Better yet how many high school and pee wee games have you won? I know fans criticize and some people say they have the right to do it but I think there is a limit to the criticism a coach can have. Remember you are a fan of the school and you should support it win or lose. If a coach is consistently losing then maybe the pressure can add up but neither Smith nor Brooks are in that category (I feel Brooks doesn't qualify seeing how bad the program was when he took over).

I know this post won't have too many positive replies and that is fine - that is what this forum is about - trading opinions. You guys have yours and I have mine. Leave these men alone for a while and support them. See what happens after you do that. The one post is right - if you "fans" don't watch it NO ONE will want either job.

Remember it's easy to be right when your name isn't on the line, your not on the bench in the heat of the moment and your wife is bringing you another beer while you are on the recliner.

I like this....:thumb: