Dickie V.....

UKMustangFan

And, again, I LOVE it. Let him hype a kid having a great game and season. What's the harm???

No harm in it, I just find it a little comical how on Big Monday the best player in the country plays for UConn and 24 hours later on Super Tuesday the best player in the country is a Gator. He could find an All American if he was calling a H.S. Frosh B team game.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard D.V. talk to bunch of h.s. kids one time on espn. That changed my mind on him. I agree that he can be annoying but he honestly cares about the kids (on and off the court) and that is what it is all about. I believe that his passion for the game is real and honest. I like him but I would suggest de-caff for him though.

:thumb:I would much rather listen to Dickie-V than Billy P.

I heard D.V. talk to bunch of h.s. kids one time on espn. That changed my mind on him. I agree that he can be annoying but he honestly cares about the kids (on and off the court) and that is what it is all about. I believe that his passion for the game is real and honest. I like him but I would suggest de-caff for him though.

He called a New Years Eve game at Rupp many years ago. After the game he was swarmed by kids wanting autographs. He spoke to, and signed every one of them an autograph, and then he was swarmed again just outside of the entrance to the Hyatt Regency where he was staying, and again he he did the same. Rememeber it was New Years Eve and getting late. I had always liked him before, but that got him my respect for life!!!! He does love the kids and does try to find something positive to say about most players.

So what if in his eyes there are 70 players of the year. As a parent I would love to have him say good things about my kid on National TV!!!

He called a New Years Eve game at Rupp many years ago. After the game he was swarmed by kids wanting autographs. He spoke to, and signed every one of them an autograph, and then he was swarmed again just outside of the entrance to the Hyatt Regency where he was staying, and again he he did the same. Rememeber it was New Years Eve and getting late. I had always liked him before, but that got him my respect for life!!!! He does love the kids and does try to find something positive to say about most players.

So what if in his eyes there are 70 players of the year. As a parent I would love to have him say good things about my kid on National TV!!!

:thumb: :thumb: Excactly, great post Tater.

You hear his name, instantly you think College Basketball. He's an entertainer, as much an analyst.

He's loud, often talks over others, has more adjectives to describe anyone....which is part of his appeal. Sports need people like Vitale and college basketball broadcasting, is more entertaining with him.

Dickie V is classic. His yelling and antics may get old to SOME at certain points and I guess that's understandable. However, the bottom line is he LIVES for college basketball and loves to see kids succeed. He tells it like it is.

I don't think people realize how hard it is not to be biased, at least a little, to the programs that do it the right way when calling a game...

The only thing that bothers me is sometimes he spends way too much time praising other teams while broadcasting for other teams. Hes never done a game without mentioning Cameron Indoor Stadium. :lol:

I really like Vitale. Hes a very positive person. Hes great for college basketball. Id much rather listen to someone like him call a game and give praise to hard working college athletes than to listen to Billy Packer constantly cut down and criticize college athletes.

When Dickie V decides to retire, the whole college game will lose a little appeal. Dickie V is college basketball. I have listened to Dickie V since I was in the sixth grade and I can't think of anyone that I would rather hear. We say that Dickie V is a little biased but I am sure when UK was in the high light in the 90's other people would say the same thing. He always gave UK love and still does. Last year was the first year that I haven't heard Dickie V give UK alot of love but like the average Joe, he seen what we saw.....A very average team.