Petrino Would Turn Down 'Bama for the Same Reason He Turned Down the Raiders

02Ram54

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An age is called Dark, not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.

James Michener

"Everything popular is wrong."

Oscar Wilde

"If 'everybody knows' such-and-such, then it ain’t so, by at least ten thousand to one."

Robert A. Heinlein

"Never assume the obvious is true."

William Safire

“The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.”

Travis Walton

And my favorite

“The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world”

Max Born

Average...Again you are entitled to your opinion and its just that ...yours. You don't see the big picture because you are not close to the situation like my self or KY. KY has said it all and "firing one of our own" was needed and our own will understand that his play calling was terrible and realizing that some changes were needed with his staff and he refused. We had no choice. I'm not going to repeat what KY has said he made his points very clear. Who do you pull for in college football Average?

So I guess you guys are on the board of directors down there then? I pull for Notre Dame, I've even got the Play Like A Champion Today poster framed and hanging by my front door so we can hit it as we leave the house.

I think 'Bama is really being embarassed by this...they should've done a bit more homework to see who would be interested this year. It is obvious that UL and WVU have good teams coming back next season,and their respective roads are easier, why would Petrino or Rodriguez want to leave at this stage....I don't think they expected the like of Leavitt and Co...to pass as well.

Only because their Big Blue Ego's won't let them call him what he is...A good football coach. ;)

Petrino is a great coach...brilliant offenive mind..done great things at UL.

I dont think anyone has denied him that.

He has had dalliances with other programs, including an embarrassing one with Auburn and his fling with LSU.

That opens him up for constantly being mentioned.

One for his achievements and one for his flirtations with other jobs.

Petrino is a great coach...brilliant offenive mind..done great things at UL.

I dont think anyone has denied him that.

He has had dalliances with other programs, including an embarrassing one with Auburn and his fling with LSU.

That opens him up for constantly being mentioned.

One for his achievements and one for his flirtations with other jobs.

Dead on LABS...

Rock, thanks for your imput, but lets get one thing straight. All these coaches can say "I'm staying put". and thats OK but AGAIN we have not offered anybody anything yet and thats a very big Key. You guys know the sport and how things work so act like you don't. Jim Leviate isn't going to be the coach here and he knows it and the same for Bobby. Auburn ties come on. Its more of an embrassment to barely beat Duke and Fla. Int. at home. Coach Shula had a chance and had to go and I really liked him but the program is bigger than how we treat one coach who wasn't ready to be a head coach. Don't make me say things about him to prove my point. Just bare with us during this time and again feel free to comment.

The sad part of all of this is Bama has a great tradition in football.

Now they are starting a New Tradition in hiring bad coaches. Schula was lie the 5th choice last time and it looks like they will have to dig deep for another coach.

Here is a list of coaches that could do a good Job at Bama.

Mike Leach - Good offensive mind. Offense is what bama lacks.

Charlie Strong- Deserves a shot at being a head coach.

Rock, thanks for your imput, but lets get one thing straight. All these coaches can say "I'm staying put". and thats OK but AGAIN we have not offered anybody anything yet and thats a very big Key. You guys know the sport and how things work so act like you don't. Jim Leviate isn't going to be the coach here and he knows it and the same for Bobby. Auburn ties come on. Its more of an embrassment to barely beat Duke and Fla. Int. at home. Coach Shula had a chance and had to go and I really liked him but the program is bigger than how we treat one coach who wasn't ready to be a head coach. Don't make me say things about him to prove my point. Just bare with us during this time and again feel free to comment.

Also, you can't always believe everything you hear, because like Larry and I know...Fran said he was staying put too!