Johnson Central vs. St. Frances (MD)

ATLCat

Rumor floating around that Johnson Central is now playing St. Frances out of Baltimore this week in Paintsville.

St. Frances may be the best team in America and have a roster stacked with Power 5 recruits. They have already dominated national powerhouse Miami Central on national TV.

Looking at their KHSAA schedule they already had 10 games scheduled, but I am guessing that the September 20th game against Sycamore, OH is where the opening comes from.

There is a Sycamore, OH (Outside Cincy) and a Bishop Sycamore, OH. The "legit" Sycamore shows they are playing Lakota West on 9/20.

Bishop Sycamore is a program that has a lot of controversy around them. They are a non-sanctioned team in Ohio and previously Belfry had them scheduled and chose to forego that game. I have heard several crazy rumors about Bishop Sycamore including that they were playing post-graduate athletes.

It is worth noting that currently Saint Frances shows they have a game schedule against a Florida team for this Friday.

Lots to digest here, but if JC is in fact hosting St. Frances this is a very interesting game.

Here is an article that also may explain why Saint Frances is looking to schedule Johnson Central.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/magazine/wp/2019/01/28/feature/baltimores-st-frances-academy-has-a-football-team-so-good-no-one-in-its-league-will-play-it/?noredirect=on

St. Frances appears to be on their way to being the IMG of the Northeast.

An interesting quote about Bishop Sycamore for anyone interested:

Notebook: Georgia takes on the South in Week 2

Two games had to be canceled. Bishop Sycamore of Columbus, Ohio, was thrown out this week for breach of contract. According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, the first-year varsity program failed to book accommodations by a deadline and was found to be sketchy. So Mainland High of Daytona, Fla., is out of a game. Mainland coach Scott Wilson, whose team was part of the event last year, was said to be furious but didn't blame the organizers. "In 18 years of coaching, it was one of the most well-run venues I've ever been a part of," Wilson told the News-Journal. "Those guys that run [the event] are great guys."

Wow! This will be a Culture shock for St Francis IMO!.....The street of Baltimore aren't the same as the streets of Cincinnati. Not even close! Good luck to both teams! This is a Interesting match up for sure.

Although I do think St Frances would blow JC out of the water, as mentioned in a previous comment. You’re right this may be a brand of football they haven’t seen yet, which gives me a sliver of hope.

St Frances got kicked out of the MIAA, which is one of the best conferences in any sport or state, because nobody would play them. They’re scary good. This would be reminiscent of when BG played Warren Central (IN) last year.

Worse LOL

Johnson Central is a great high school program and team, but this St. Frances team is scary talented.

Warren Central and Trinity are simpatico as programs, this team is a whole different level. I would say they would beat Trinity by multiple TD's.

This will be a fun and memorable game for JC fans and players, but the result on the field is going to be ugly.

St. Frances beat Miami Central 49-13 on national TV in a game that probably wasnt even that close. Miami Central was a Top 30 team in the Country.

They also beat Simeon out of Chicago 55-0. To give an idea, Simeon isa team pretty much equal to that Naperville team who beat trinity by 18 last year.

Here is what is on the St. Frances roster:

Class of 2020

5* LB Chris Braswell, Commited to Alabama

4* DT Dominic Bailey, Committed to Tennessee

4* RB Blake Corum, Committed to Michigan

4* DB Jordan Toles, Committed to LSU

4* LB osman Savage, Committed to Michigan

4* DB Luke Hill, Committed to Oregon

4* DE Demon Clowney, Committed to LSU

3* LB Nikhai Hill-Green, Committed to Michigan

3* OL Micah Mazzccua, Committed to Michigan

3* WR Jahmal Banks, Committed to Wake Forest

3* OL Michael Statham, Committed to Pitt

3* OL Ja'khi Green, Committed to Maryland

3* DT Jonathan Wallace, Uncommitted (Offers from Michigan, Florida, WVU and Wisconsin)

2* OL Tyler Thomas, Committed to Kent State

Class of 2021

4* DB Clinton Burton, Committed to Florida

4* LB Aaron Willis, Uncommitted (offered by Bama, Clemson, UGA, among many others)

4* DT Katron Evans, Uncommitted (Offered by Bama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, among others)

3* DE Zionangelo Shockley, Uncommitted (Offered by Nebraska and Rutgers)

3* LB Jamon Johnson, Uncommitted (Offered by WVU)

3* OL Delfin Castillo, Uncomitted (Offered by Virginia Tech and Rutgers)

Here is what is on the St. Frances roster:

Class of 2020

5* LB Chris Braswell, Commited to Alabama

4* DT Dominic Bailey, Committed to Tennessee

4* RB Blake Corum, Committed to Michigan

4* DB Jordan Toles, Committed to LSU

4* LB osman Savage, Committed to Michigan

4* DB Luke Hill, Committed to Oregon

4* DE Demon Clowney, Committed to LSU

3* LB Nikhai Hill-Green, Committed to Michigan

3* OL Micah Mazzccua, Committed to Michigan

3* WR Jahmal Banks, Committed to Wake Forest

3* OL Michael Statham, Committed to Pitt

3* OL Ja'khi Green, Committed to Maryland

3* DT Jonathan Wallace, Uncommitted (Offers from Michigan, Florida, WVU and Wisconsin)

2* OL Tyler Thomas, Committed to Kent State

Class of 2021

4* DB Clinton Burton, Committed to Florida

4* LB Aaron Willis, Uncommitted (offered by Bama, Clemson, UGA, among many others)

4* DT Katron Evans, Uncommitted (Offered by Bama, Clemson, Florida, FSU, among others)

3* DE Zionangelo Shockley, Uncommitted (Offered by Nebraska and Rutgers)

3* LB Jamon Johnson, Uncommitted (Offered by WVU)

3* OL Delfin Castillo, Uncomitted (Offered by Virginia Tech and Rutgers)

:eek:

Good grief!

This is pretty fascinating! On the one hand, I'm happy to see Johnson Central get in the National Spotlight and would pull for them in the game, but on the other...., and as one of the few who witnessed the demolition of BG at Warren Central IN last year, I hope this game falls through.

While anything could happen later on in the season, BG never recovered last season from that game. Would the same be true for Johnson Central? I'm not sure, but the possibility exists to say nothing to getting guys injured. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.