April 16, 20197 yr I would think if NKU wants to keep the momentum that they have going, Shumate would be the obvious choice. He’s recruited most of the players on the current roster, and spent a considerable amount of time under Brannen. Can’t argue with that.
April 16, 20197 yr Author Why not Kelly Wells? He is one of the few who has actually proven himself at the high school and small college level.He is an outstanding coach. A lot of folks do not realize that most D 1 coaches go the grad assistant route. Just because they played the game or can recruit does not mean they can teach the game or be a good coach. I am sure Billy Hicks is an outstanding coach too and I don't want him either. Whoever we hire will be a bit of a gamble, but I would lean toward someone who has had some level of success at a D-1 program.
April 18, 20197 yr Is NKU a better job than Winthrop for Kelsey? If he wants to live in Cincinnati again, it is.
April 23, 20197 yr I figured something would have come out Monday about this job. I hope a decision is made soon.
April 23, 20197 yr Author Don Owen tweeted that NKU is interviewing the following in Atlanta today: - An asst. coach from the ACC - An asst. coach from the PAC 12 - Pat Kelsey He also noted that Chris Shumate was not in Atlanta. In a cryptic move he also retweeted a previous tweet of his own that linked to a story from the WV Gazette about WV PG and current Florida asst. coach Darris Nichols. When I asked him about it he said he was sentimental. All of which is to say, it looks like they are narrowing down the pool of candidates.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.