April 11, 20197 yr Heard mention of a couple of former Reds on the tv broadcasts the past couple of nights, so I thought I'd see what everybody is putting up through the first few weeks of the season so far. Jay Bruce (Mariners) .204 (10-49) 2-2B 7-HR 13-RBI 17-K 6-BB Zach Cozart (Angels) .033 (1-30) 1-2B 6-K 1-BB Todd Frazier (Mets) Still on 10-day IL, has not played this season yet Billy Hamilton (Royals) .237 (9-38) 5-Runs 7-K 3-BB 2-SB 1-CS Devon Mesoraco (Mets) .231 (6-26) 3-2B 1-HR 2-RBI 6-K 0-BB Aroldis Chapman (Yankees) 0-1 2-SV 3.60-ERA 7-K 1-BB Johnny Cueto (Giants) On 60-day IL, recovering from Tommy John surgery Mike Leake (Mariners) 1-1 5.30-ERA 14-K 2-BB
April 11, 20197 yr Author Couple of others I forgot... Edwin Encarnacion (Mariners) .333 (14-42) 4-HR 11-RBI 8-K 8-BB Homer Bailey (Royals) 0-1 9.00-ERA 15-K 4-BB
April 11, 20197 yr Did Billy get hurt? The Mariners wished him the very best in a tweet. Looks like I found the answer to my own question. Carted off the field after running into the outfield wall. Apparent knee injury.
April 12, 20197 yr Jay Bruce is a good player. If he is able to play until the age of 38 or 39, he could hit 500 homers and have over 2,000 hits.
April 14, 20197 yr Jay Bruce is a good player. If he is able to play until the age of 38 or 39, he could hit 500 homers and have over 2,000 hits. And 13 million strikeouts, but that is today’s game. I agree with you though. He’s a good player. Was coveted by a lot of other franchises while here. Classic Cincinnati athlete in being not quite as good or awful as some believe.
April 16, 20197 yr Homer Bailey pitched 7 innings of 2 hit, no run baseball while striking out 6 his last game out against the Indians. Bailey is now 1-1 with a 5.29 ERA.
April 16, 20197 yr Author Homer Bailey pitched 7 innings of 2 hit, no run baseball while striking out 6 his last game out against the Indians. Bailey is now 1-1 with a 5.29 ERA. He could pitch another no-hitter. I'm still glad that he's gone.
April 19, 20197 yr He could pitch another no-hitter. I'm still glad that he's gone. Bailey with another very good outing tonight, this time against the Yankees. 6 IP 3 H 1 ER 1 BB 6 K’s Bailey has already doubled his win total from last year. 2-1 4.30 ERA
April 23, 20197 yr Author As of 4/22... Sorry, I screwed up on Meso the last time. Numbers I posted were from spring training. Jay Bruce (Mariners) .208 (16-77) 3-2B 9-HR 16-RBI 27-K 8-BB Zach Cozart (Angels) .111 (7-63) 1-2B 4-RBI 13-K 2-BB Todd Frazier (Mets) Just came off the IL. .250 (1-4) Billy Hamilton (Royals) .230 (14-61) 10-Runs 15-K 9-BB 8-SB 2-CS Devon Mesoraco (Mets) On restricted list. Refused being sent to minors out of spring training. Club declined his request to be granted his release. Aroldis Chapman (Yankees) 0-1 3-SV 3.00-ERA 12-K 1-BB Johnny Cueto (Giants) On 60-day IL, recovering from Tommy John surgery Mike Leake (Mariners) 2-2 4.30-ERA 25-K 6-BB Has given up league leading 8-HR's Homer Bailey (Royals) 2-1 4.30-ERA 27-K 7-BB Dylan Floro (Dodgers) 1-0 0.00-ERA 10.2-Inn 6-K 0-BB
April 24, 20197 yr Bailey looked more like the Homer Bailey of the last couple seasons last night. 1 IP 3 H 4 ER 4 BB
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.