Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky at Tennessee Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins 3 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Big game tomorrow. A win basically secures a #1 seed for Kentucky. Can they get it done without Reid Travis?

 

It's definitely going to be a challenge but I still think they can do it. I worry about PJ having to guard Grant Williams and getting into foul trouble. Hopefully Herro stays hot because I think UT's defense is going to do everything they can possibly do to stop PJ from hurting them from the post like the first game.

  • Author
Without Travis, Tennessee will take this one by about 5.

 

I feel about the same RP. Hoping for a different outcome but as long as they play well, I'm okay with that without Travis and at their place.

I think Kentucky wins.

I’ve been saying for a while I think Tennessee is vastly overrated and nothing I’ve seen in the last few weeks disproves that.

I think UK showed they are clearly the better team here. I don't think Reid Travis makes much of a difference in this matchup.

  • Author
I think UK showed they are clearly the better team here. I don't think Reid Travis makes much of a difference in this matchup.

 

I just think he does defensively because he can bang with Grant Williams and we don't have to worry about PJ picking up fouls against him. One small part of the game, but could make a big difference.

Kentucky 72-70.

I think Kentucky wins.

I’ve been saying for a while I think Tennessee is vastly overrated and nothing I’ve seen in the last few weeks disproves that.

This is kind of where I'm at. I they looked really good early but that's to be expected considering their experience. These younger teams have caught up. IMO, I think the Vols lead in the first and UK pulls it out in the second half.

I hope not....but UK will miss Reid and his physicality versus Williams. Also, I think ut gets the whistles at home that they may not get on the road. Williams thus shoots a ton of free-throws and UK has bigs in foul trouble.

 

I see ut by about 10. I hope UK proves me wrong!!

I think UK showed they are clearly the better team here. I don't think Reid Travis makes much of a difference in this matchup.

 

It's his defense that will be missed. Williams draws a lot of fouls, that's hard to do on Travis because Travis is not a shot blocker so he doesn't leave his feet to where Williams can draw fouls. Plus Williams is use to being stronger than his defenders, and well Travis is stronger than him, and Williams really couldn't force his way inside on him. So not having him does make a difference in that aspect.

Big game tomorrow. A win basically secures a #1 seed for Kentucky. Can they get it done without Reid Travis?

 

It's definitely going to be a challenge but I still think they can do it. I worry about PJ having to guard Grant Williams and getting into foul trouble. Hopefully Herro stays hot because I think UT's defense is going to do everything they can possibly do to stop PJ from hurting them from the post like the first game.

 

I could be wrong but I think the put length on Williams with Richards and Montgomery this go around. Mainly for the reasons you just stated, you don't want Washington to get in foul trouble guarding him.

I just think he does defensively because he can bang with Grant Williams and we don't have to worry about PJ picking up fouls against him. One small part of the game, but could make a big difference.

Exactly, Reid really helps defensively and certainly on the boards. Plus, that's another 5 fouls that the Cats could have and maybe keep someone out of foul trouble.

This one will be tough to get a W. We know that the Vols have been steaming since the whipping they took in Rupp. I do hope that the officials let them play tomorrow. W/O Travis, fouls could mount up on Washington and other U.K. low post guys like Richards.

I think that U.K. certainly is capable of winning this one. Going to Rocky Top, that will have the noise level shaking the rafters, may give UT a win. After all, they are a very good team as well and any U.K. fan knows that thru the years, we all have seen some bad UT teams beat good U.K. teams in Knoxville. My heart says U.K. of course but I'm afraid the Vols will win this one. Game goes either way but I say UT by single digits, 3-4 pts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.