BluegrassPreps.com/Kentucky News Network Player of the week!

theguru

BluegrassPreps.com and the Kentucky News Network are once again working together to promote high school football in Kentucky.

We are currently taking nominations for the BGP/KNN player of the week! The player of the week can be from any team and is based on game performance from this weekend.

Please submit your nomination in this thread and provide as much background/stats/information as possible from their game this week.

The winner will be announced on "The Saturday Morning High School Scoreboard Show" Hosted by Al Mayo. The show can be heard on all of these great stations:

WLSI-Pikeville

WHOP-Hopkinsville

WAIN-Columbia

WRVK-Mt. Vernon/Renfro Valley

WAJV-Princeton

WTTL-Madisonville

WOKT-Ashland

WJRS-Jamestown/Russell Springs

WFKN-Franklin

WBRT-Bardstown

WIEL-Elizabethtown

WCND-Frankfort

WKYW-Frankfort

WKED-Frankfort

WFKY-Frankfort

WKXO-Berea

WMST-Mt. Sterling

WEKY-Richmond

WIRV-Irvington

WSFE-Somerset

WSFC-Somerset

WLOC-Horse Cave

WEKT-Elkton

WCBL-Benton

WCYN-Cynthiana

WRLV-Salyersville

Also, from host Al Mayo:

Hey folks--it's been great using all the nominees (last year) week after week on the show, and we'll continue to use them for the foreseeable future. I wanted to remind you of a couple things. When you nominate a player, I need his height, weight, and class designation (Freshman, Sophomore, Etc). I also need the stats to be correct. Just telling me it looked like he ran for over a hundred yards won't do it. Please include all pertinent numbers like carries, pass attempts, completions, yardage gained, number of tackles--you all understand what I need. Otherwise, I have to track these numbers down. Not that I mind doing the legwork, but I normally save this part of the show for last, so I can take nominees until the last possible hour, so I just don't have the time to look it all up. I'll usually pull the information from here by Thursday afternoon, so try to have your candidates nominated by about 2:00pm Thursdays. I couldn't be happier with the information you've all provided, and I'm looking forward to continuing our association with BGP!

biggrin.gif

Al Mayo

KNN High School Scoreboard Show

Johnson Centrals Shawn Grimm(5'11" Jr) had 27 carries for 279 yds rushing and 3 TD's against Rockcastle in the Region 4 Championship against Rockcastle.

I second the nomination for Grimm. He is one tough kid and running back. :thumb:

CCH's....

Brandon Brown-

12 rushes for 132 yards and a TD

1 rec for 15 yards

5 KO returns for 88 yards

2 interceptions including the game-clincher at the end.

At least 10 tackles.

And almost half of this was done on a serious ankle injury. Tough as nails.

Shawn Grimm proved he was one of the best running backs in the state friday night. He deserves this award.

Not yet, but that can definately change this week. As for the stats, definately deserving player of the week. I'd say right now he's in the top 10, but not the top 5. Again, that can change after this week though. A win and a big game will not only change the mind of many, but possibly set up a finals matchup of two studs (Grimm and Hibbett).

This week's Player of the Week is LaRue County running back Justin Thurman.

Last week in a Playoff win over Western of Louisville, he carried 45 times for 221 yards, and three touchdowns. Justin averaged nearly 5 yards per carry in the game.