Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Carolina 88 Duke 72

Featured Replies

Is this a serious take?

 

It's a wash because it won't matter. But yes, especially if they continue to struggle to shoot the ball.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were in shock last night. Duke still has two top five picks and another first rounder starting, without Zion. No other team in college can say that. I am not discounting Zion's impact, as he makes them the favorites. But without him they (on paper) have Final Four potential.

 

Bolden has to play much much better for them moving forward or Duke is weak inside. Last night definitely showed how valuable Zion's presence is inside.

Does Zion shut it down? I think I lean towards yes if I were in his position.

 

If this was football, I would say yes. However, in basketball you really don't see career ending injuries. The guy could tear his ACL, and chance are he is still going to be a top 3 pick. I think teams are more than willing to even have a guy heal up his rookie year to have someone that talented. It has worked out pretty well for the 76ers with Embiid and Ben Simmons who missed their rookie years due to injury. So teams aren't going to pass him up, even if he came back and got hurt again or tore it.

 

So imo there is not much to chance to coming back, as long as the injury is 100% healed. The guy is going to be the top pick, and even if he gets hurt he is going to be a top 3 pick still.

It's a wash because it won't matter. But yes, especially if they continue to struggle to shoot the ball.

 

So you think without Zion, Duke is lucky to make it out of the first weekend?

Did anyone else see Coach K blow by Roy Williams in the handshake line?

Did anyone else see Coach K blow by Roy Williams in the handshake line?

 

What I saw was a normal good game and walk passed hand shake.

What I saw was a normal good game and walk passed hand shake.

 

Ol Roy was trying to ask him about Zion and Coach K didn't stop for any type of convo, so Roy asked the assistant behind Coach K.

Ol Roy was trying to ask him about Zion and Coach K didn't stop for any type of convo, so Roy asked the assistant behind Coach K.

 

It seems like people are trying to make something out of nothing. I am not sure many coaches would want to stop for much of a conversation after getting beat pretty handily by your rival, and also still not clear how severe the injury is to your star player. I think the majority of coaches would have done very similar to coach K last night.

Does Zion shut it down? I think I lean towards yes if I were in his position.

 

He has an 8M insurance policy paid for by Duke that says he gets the money if injured and drafted below the 16th spot.

 

If he’s healthy he will play.

Coach K shook Roy’s hand. He doesn’t owe him any more than that.

 

Always good to see UK fans worried about Coach K and Duke after they lose. I know I was worried about UK, Calipari and UK fans after that 118-84 beatdown that took UK and Cal 2 months to recover from.

Coach K shook Roy’s hand. He doesn’t owe him any more than that.

 

Always good to see UK fans worried about Coach K and Duke after they lose. I know I was worried about UK, Calipari and UK fans after that 118-84 beatdown that took UK and Cal 2 months to recover from.

 

Hey now this UK fan saw nothing wrong in how coach K handled the handshake. Shoot most coaches usually just say good game and move on. No need to bring up that beat down Duke put on my Cats back in November. Low blow lol.

Hey now this UK fan saw nothing wrong in how coach K handled the handshake. Shoot most coaches usually just say good game and move on. No need to bring up that beat down Duke put on my Cats back in November. Low blow lol.

 

:lol2:

 

That shot wasn’t meant for you. That was friendly fire that got you. My apologies. :lol2:

:lol2:

 

That shot wasn’t meant for you. That was friendly fire that got you. My apologies. :lol2:

 

Haha I know! It's all good! :lol2::lol2:

So you think without Zion, Duke is lucky to make it out of the first weekend?

 

Depends on their matchups. A team with a strong front court would hurt them. I think they wouldn't be a one seed without Zion so that opens up a lot of possibilities towards who they may face.

Depends on their matchups. A team with a strong front court would hurt them. I think they wouldn't be a one seed without Zion so that opens up a lot of possibilities towards who they may face.

 

Duke would still be a one seed without Zion. They wont do to Duke, what they did to UC when Martin got hurt. Duke still has 3 of the top players in the country. Any team wont look as good during the same game when they lost one of their best players, especially while going against another top 10 team. If he is out they would learn how to play without him and adjust.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.