Johnson Central 29 Rockcastle 7

Birdsfan

No disrepect to anyone, but Durham was not even close to the best prospect on that field friday night. 62 was their best lineman and the JC boys wore Durham out all night. He was sucking wind the first quarter.

You're right. #62 is a good lineman. But he's not a senior. So he may have his time next year to be recruited, hopefully not by Louisville.

As far as Brad sucking air. How many 300 lbs linemen that play both ways do you think would be able to run up and down the field and not be? Besides, in the 1st quarter, your FB/LB was breathing so hard that his breath made him look like he was smoking.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice to see some Bell County coaches and players there tonight. Dudley Hilton knew exactly what offensive plays Rockcastle County would run, it was fun to be around him.

He knew what plays the Rock would run huh? That's pretty impressive since they haven't used that type of game plan in like 4 years. I haven't said it yet, but clearly I was shocked beyond belief at this game. You beat us up and down the field. I realize that, BUT.......several of our fans were trying to figure out what was going on with the play calling. I still haven't figured it out. A hb with 2400 yards and 30 tds and a qb with about 500 yards passing, and you decide to air it out. I just don't get it. It was upsetting to have a qb that's never started a game until this year be called on to try and throw all the time. 5 int sums it up. Our best qb was a freshman that never got in the game. Our trick plays that have worked so well this year weren't called until the 4th quarter. I'm still in disbelief that Ashland shut Grim down and we couldn't do anything.

Am I mistaken, or did the JC fans talk about how great the field condition was? I know it was on the radio driving to the game. I didn't see it. Yeah, part of it was ok, but nothing like I was expecting.

The deal with the CCH announcers saying Johnsonville, you all have nothing to complain about. So somebody from up there didn't know where they were going? They didn't know where Rockcastle was either. But I had no idea where JC was at. I had to look it up myself. But here's why I say you have nothing to complain about, in 2002 when we went to state for the second time, the KHSAA got our city location wrong in the programs. I mean, it was the second year we were there and the KHSAA got it wrong. They got it right the first time, but the second time was a city that I still haven't found in the state. Talk about insulting.

He knew what plays the Rock would run huh? That's pretty impressive since they haven't used that type of game plan in like 4 years. I haven't said it yet, but clearly I was shocked beyond belief at this game. You beat us up and down the field. I realize that, BUT.......several of our fans were trying to figure out what was going on with the play calling. I still haven't figured it out. A hb with 2400 yards and 30 tds and a qb with about 500 yards passing, and you decide to air it out. I just don't get it. It was upsetting to have a qb that's never started a game until this year be called on to try and throw all the time. 5 int sums it up. Our best qb was a freshman that never got in the game. Our trick plays that have worked so well this year weren't called until the 4th quarter. I'm still in disbelief that Ashland shut Grim down and we couldn't do anything.

Am I mistaken, or did the JC fans talk about how great the field condition was? I know it was on the radio driving to the game. I didn't see it. Yeah, part of it was ok, but nothing like I was expecting.

The deal with the CCH announcers saying Johnsonville, you all have nothing to complain about. So somebody from up there didn't know where they were going? They didn't know where Rockcastle was either. But I had no idea where JC was at. I had to look it up myself. But here's why I say you have nothing to complain about, in 2002 when we went to state for the second time, the KHSAA got our city location wrong in the programs. I mean, it was the second year we were there and the KHSAA got it wrong. They got it right the first time, but the second time was a city that I still haven't found in the state. Talk about insulting.

I don't even think the Johnsonville thing was the insult. It was the jab taken afterward saying I'm sure its in the middle of nowhere.

Congratulations to the Golden Eagles! The margin was about what I expected but I didn't expect Rockcastle to be forced to the air so early in the game

would be great to see a team that did not crack the BGP pre-season top 10 make it to Papa Johns this season! Win or lose, this regional championship should quash some of the weak schedule/chokes in playoffs comments about Johnson Central. They have responded to the bell 13 straight times and the Colonels will know that they have been in a game late Friday night. Richardson may have played his best game of the season Friday night and was a big key to Grim running free in Rock's secondary all night long.

would be great to see a team that did not crack the BGP pre-season top 10 make it to Papa Johns this season!

Amazing. :rolleyes:

Name one credible source that ranked JC in the pre season top 10. Of course JC earned their way into the top 10 on the field and they have gained a lot of respect from a lot of doubters. But nobody had them in their pre season top 10, and justifiably so.

First off congratulations to Rockastle and Johnson Central on great seasons.

Secondly Coach Hilton can see the way a team lines up and after scouting so much and know exactly what play is going to be run. No matter how much Rock may had changed their plays and their sets they still have tendencies. Im sure Larkey could have done the same thing.

Amazing. :rolleyes:

Name one credible source that ranked JC in the pre season top 10. Of course JC earned their way into the top 10 on the field and they have gained a lot of respect from a lot of doubters. But nobody had them in their pre season top 10, and justifiably so.

I never said that JC deserved to be in the preseason top 10 - just that it would be great to see a team that was not there make it to the finals.:confused:

I never said that JC deserved to be in the preseason top 10 - just that it would be great to see a team that was not there make it to the finals.:confused:

Everybody in EKY knew they were top ten after the first game. They are just very disciplined. They've been in the Mountain top ten all year and number one most of the season. I know the Belfry scimage isn't a game and i know how Belfry sees a scrimage. But JC was still very impressive being able to score at will against Belfry.

On that I will agree. I love a dark horse and new faces at the finals is a good thing.

I realize that, BUT.......several of our fans were trying to figure out what was going on with the play calling. I still haven't figured it out. A hb with 2400 yards and 30 tds and a qb with about 500 yards passing, and you decide to air it out.

I was really impressed with the Miller kid, he took some real shots and bounced up everytime. I also felt his best runs were all him making opponents miss and not the offensive line opening big holes. Good luck next year in 4A.

Its in that city where all of Cincinnati's high schools go to pad their records. Give Johnsonville a year or two, and we'll come up there and maybe earn some degree of respect back for the Commonwealth.

You're right, JC is right on the verge of beating nationally ranked teams.