Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 29 Rockcastle 7

Featured Replies

Thank you from us all. Rock ain't goin' nowhere, and we're proud to rise to that level of respect. I'm a jerk sometimes, but our kids are very respectful and all business, with a dash of well-deserved, hard-earned cockiness. I thought the Rock players and coaches whined a little tonight, but that's what winners do when tradition and expectations reach that point. I personally would have been dissapointed had Rock not complained when things weren't going their way, and had Rock not fought 'til the end. Hopefully, we're on our way to expecting to win the region every single year!!! It may ruffle a few feathers, but who cares. Make some room for the new kids in town.

Too bad you will not have to face Rockcastle next year or an older, more mature Bell County team that also will be in 4-A as I understand JC moves up to 5-A. Rock will have to "retool" will all the great players they lost. Another Bell vs. Rockcastle rivalry awaits in 2007. I look forward to it. Next year Bell hosts the regular season game that will determine home field for playoff. Nelson will be working hard to avenge the loss and the defensive pressure he had to endure at the Rock. Go Bobcats and Rockets.....the rivalry lives on to play another day!!!

  • Replies 131
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you will not have to face Rockcastle next year or an older, more mature Bell County team that also will be in 4-A as I understand JC moves up to 5-A. Rock will have to "retool" will all the great players they lost. Another Bell vs. Rockcastle rivalry awaits in 2007. I look forward to it. Next year Bell hosts the regular season game that will determine home field for playoff. Nelson will be working hard to avenge the loss and the defensive pressure he had to endure at the Rock. Go Bobcats and Rockets.....the rivalry lives on to play another day!!!

 

I would love to see JC schedule one of these two to beef up their SOS. It would look better on Rock too, I mean they have no business playing Bourbon.

:fight:

Thank you from us all. Rock ain't goin' nowhere, and we're proud to rise to that level of respect. I'm a jerk sometimes, but our kids are very respectful and all business, with a dash of well-deserved, hard-earned cockiness. I thought the Rock players and coaches whined a little tonight, but that's what winners do when tradition and expectations reach that point. I personally would have been dissapointed had Rock not complained when things weren't going their way, and had Rock not fought 'til the end. Hopefully, we're on our way to expecting to win the region every single year!!! It may ruffle a few feathers, but who cares. Make some room for the new kids in town.
I hope you are not making fun of the ROCK because let me tell you the ROCK will have it's day in glory to and if you keep this up being a little cocky you may not get the success you want about your football team. I was just saying that JC played a solid game. Our boy's were down last night and I was trying to make them feel better and let them know I will alway's support them in way possible because my son is a true hard Rock football player in every way and has a heart. The ROCK Football Team is a very close net team and we all stand together threw thick or thin and what ever is throwed our way. Since you say who cares I was going to root in JC'S favor next week but I would rather get beat 29-7 than get beat 70-0 on Cov Cath's favor because they will meet you all speed for speed and will uproot the NEST.:fight:
You guys are killing me.

 

Yes the CCH announcers made a mistake and I'm sure they wish they hadn't said that. It is the "middle of nowhere" comment that adds the condescending tone to the comment. As a fellow eastern Kentuckian, it offends me a little too. But good gosh, take for what it is worth and get over it. An offhand comment about an upcoming opponent. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the game. Giving it more than a passing comment is paying it more attention than it is worth.

 

Tonight was the biggest night in the history of Golden Eagle football. This is the state 3A semifinals, a first for JC, and a daggone big deal for your kids and fans. And all you guys want to do is harp over an insignificant comment by two radio guys? Or even worse, trying to make this into some public/private issue? Unbelievable.

 

Be proud of your kids, enjoy the win, and and look forward to next Friday. This is a wonderful time and you need to enjoy every single moment of it. There are about 200 teams who have packed up their gear and turned their attention to basketball already who would love to trade places with you and wouldn't think twice about what some radio guy had to say.

 

With all due respect, think about the big picture and don't sweat the small stuff. Trust me, it ain't important, and it will tarnish your chance to enjoy this accomplishment. Your football team deserves better.

 

Hey Watusi, congrats to Belfry. I didn't think early in the year that they'd "reload" so effectively, but the Bucs looked great on Sports OT.

 

I can only speak for myself, but I don't EVER take anything serious on BGP. Its fun, but only if we can smack each other around every now and then. I'm proud of our Mtn. teams, and I think we are on the verge of consistent respect at all 4 (at least 3) class levels.

Back to the topic at hand (although this has been so entertaining I hate to see it end); it sounded like a big factor in the outcome was Rock's inability to score with multiple chances inside the 5 or 10 when only down 14-0 early in the second half. Agree or disagree?

 

And Watusi, you're correct that an ignorant comment by an announcer should be much ado about nothing. Fact is, however, that the comment does sum up how rural public schools are percieved by SOME - not all - of the big city private folks.

 

And maybe - just maybe, some of the JC folks are just trying to generate a little bulletin board material (althought my personal opinion is that if you need bulletin board stuff this deep in the playoffs to get fired up, something's wrong).

 

Good luck to both teams next weekend; play well, no injuries and may the best team win!

 

Well said. I disagree that the homer announcers are ignorant, and I know for a fact that the CCH announcer is not. I'd hate to try being neutral and have to broadcast a JC game, and you can bet that the target audience of these type announcers love it. I know the Ashland gang have basically elevated their radio voice to Bo Schembechler (sic?) status. I, for one, like the way Spike does it. Not the greatest radio voice, a little nasaly, but not bad at all, and you hear it like it is. Ever heard Spike, Randy & Danny whine? I haven't. Ever heard them talk smack or call out another team? Nope. I think they're the best in E.Ky. On top of that, Spike has a great ability to see the whole field. Nine times out of 10, he has called the penalty accurately before the ref even announces it. Those kinds of things...great knowledge of the game, mean alot more than laying down good sound bites.

Too bad you will not have to face Rockcastle next year or an older, more mature Bell County team that also will be in 4-A as I understand JC moves up to 5-A. Rock will have to "retool" will all the great players they lost. Another Bell vs. Rockcastle rivalry awaits in 2007. I look forward to it. Next year Bell hosts the regular season game that will determine home field for playoff. Nelson will be working hard to avenge the loss and the defensive pressure he had to endure at the Rock. Go Bobcats and Rockets.....the rivalry lives on to play another day!!!

 

We have a real hard time filling our schedule with local teams. Hmmmmm..... A nice TV game for YMT, JC could alternate with Rock and Bell once every 2 years, and a huge draw for the home team. Ah...probably just wishful thinkin'.

:fight: I hope you are not making fun of the ROCK because let me tell you the ROCK will have it's day in glory to and if you keep this up being a little cocky you may not get the success you want about your football team. I was just saying that JC played a solid game. Our boy's were down last night and I was trying to make them feel better and let them know I will alway's support them in way possible because my son is a true hard Rock football player in every way and has a heart. The ROCK Football Team is a very close net team and we all stand together threw thick or thin and what ever is throwed our way. Since you say who cares I was going to root in JC'S favor next week but I would rather get beat 29-7 than get beat 70-0 on Cov Cath's favor because they will meet you all speed for speed and will uproot the NEST.:fight:

 

Good grief... You've got to be kidding me. IT WAS A COMPLIMENT. How could a reasonable person read it any other way? As for who you pull for in the JC/CovCath game, suit yourself. Do you think anyone cares?

Good grief... You've got to be kidding me. IT WAS A COMPLIMENT. How could a reasonable person read it any other way? As for who you pull for in the JC/CovCath game, suit yourself. Do you think anyone cares?
Some people may not care but if you want to get techincal about it I felt like you were making of us because the best teams in world don't win every year any reasonable person would know that to!!!!! Besides I was taking up for our team we may not be the best but we can hang our heads up high and still have our ROCK pride!!!!
Some people may not care but if you want to get techincal about it I felt like you were making of us because the best teams in world don't win every year any reasonable person would know that to!!!!! Besides I was taking up for our team we may not be the best but we can hang our heads up high and still have our ROCK pride!!!!

 

OK, but I must say that I have never been blasted for complimenting another program. I think I see where you're getting all hung up though, after deciphering your last two posts. When I said "Rock ain't going nowhere", I was saying they'll be back next year. Rebuild. Strong program and tradition. You know, and this is kind of elementary, but words and phrases are meaningless unless they are read in the proper context. You obviously thought I was saying Rock ain't going nowhere next week, or something. Anyway, good luck to your son and team next year.

Some people may not care but if you want to get techincal about it I felt like you were making of us because the best teams in world don't win every year any reasonable person would know that to!!!!! Besides I was taking up for our team we may not be the best but we can hang our heads up high and still have our ROCK pride!!!!

Doodle... please take it from your Johson County connection, Johnson Central was tickled pink to play in regional finals against Rockcastle County. I personally would like to see "Rock" on the JC schedule next season. Dont let a few people make you have ill feelings towards Johnson County. :thumb:

I heard amongst the Rock crowd as I was leaving the game that Durham had injured a couple of JC's players. Is this true and if so who is injured? He was huge to say the least.

I heard amongst the Rock crowd as I was leaving the game that Durham had injured a couple of JC's players. Is this true and if so who is injured? He was huge to say the least.

 

Durham injured no one of JC i can assure you that. The only player that acted throughout the game as if he was hurt would have been Dials which just has a nagging ankle.

I heard amongst the Rock crowd as I was leaving the game that Durham had injured a couple of JC's players. Is this true and if so who is injured? He was huge to say the least.
No disrepect to anyone, but Durham was not even close to the best prospect on that field friday night. 62 was their best lineman and the JC boys wore Durham out all night. He was sucking wind the first quarter.
I heard amongst the Rock crowd as I was leaving the game that Durham had injured a couple of JC's players. Is this true and if so who is injured? He was huge to say the least.

 

I don't know of anyone that was injured. I was not impressed with the big guy at all. I don't even think he was the best lineman on the feild. He clogged up the middle but with his size its impossible not to.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.