Johnson Central 29 Rockcastle 7

Birdsfan

Great that's my point. We are in different parts of the state. Hills to us are different than for you in EKY. As far as I know CovCath and JC have never played. Why should the announcers be experts on everything JC?

Anyway, big win for JC tonight. Sounds like things are rolling now for the Eagles.

Maybe it's just me and my twisted way of thinking , but I would think that the key here would be that the words Johnson Central would imply that it would more than likely be located in Johnson County. Sheesh, even most of us in eastern Kentucky have been taught in school what and where the majority of the county seats in the state are.

Johnson Central's name has hardly just made news headlines in the last couple of hours. I believe the last time I looked they were rated above Covington Catholic in at least the last AP poll. You would think that a couple of guys that are supposed to be educated enough to represent the radio broadcasting arm of your football program would be professional enough to semi-educate themselves as to where the location of their next possible opponent would be in the event that they won their next game. That to me, would be the utmost embarrassment ,as to be so totally dumb about any of the particulars. It was commonly known that the winner of the Johnson Central/Rockcastle County game would be the host member of the state semi-final game.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked by this score after hearing the voice of the Ashland Tomcats say on radio last week that there was no way JC would beat The Rock.

Heard that too, and its sad. Most of us enjoy pulling for our rivals because of the rare statement it makes for E.Ky. Get on board D.M., or get out of the way. Why don't these homers realize what they're really saying is "my babies, if we can't have it, no one can". D.M., you gave us a scare, and fortunately the best team in E.Ky. was not knocked off by a hyped up, determined, one and done. If he felt that way, then his team had absolutely no chance against The Rock. On the otherhand, had Ashland won, I guarantee you that The Rock would be expected to have its hands full at Putnam. Anyway, to all the great Ashland fans, thanks for the support. D.M., we deserve more than that. Great voice, very fluid, but if you want to learn what to say and not say, listen to Spike. Objective comments are in style for the listener.

First of all I would like to say that JC played a very solid game tonight. And also I would like to thank Underarmour for the nice compliment he gave me he was a nice person to talk to and seemed to know alot about his team. Now to my beloved Rock players you guys don't hang your head down in shame you all played a good season and represented your school and your community well hang in there and hit the weight room hard and stay focused for next season because next year is a whole new ballgame. As for Coach Larkey and his staff you guys did a great job this year and getting our boy's to play ball and keeping them focused. I can't wait till next season to see what you guy's have in store for us. As for the PA at JC you did a good job on annoucing the game and the music wasn't as bad as Ashland claimed it to be. Good luck to JC next week I would like to see a mountain team win and bring home a state title.

Thank you from us all. Rock ain't goin' nowhere, and we're proud to rise to that level of respect. I'm a jerk sometimes, but our kids are very respectful and all business, with a dash of well-deserved, hard-earned cockiness. I thought the Rock players and coaches whined a little tonight, but that's what winners do when tradition and expectations reach that point. I personally would have been dissapointed had Rock not complained when things weren't going their way, and had Rock not fought 'til the end. Hopefully, we're on our way to expecting to win the region every single year!!! It may ruffle a few feathers, but who cares. Make some room for the new kids in town.

Hey I listened to the final couple of minutes of the CovCath/LexCath game and the post game show. When CovCath announcers were told that Johnson Central won their game one announcer said "Well I guess that we will be playing next week in Johnsonville. I have no idea where Johnson Central is. I assume in the middle of nowhere."

That's fine, if we come to play like we did tonight we can leave a lasting memory of good old "Johnsonville"!

Lighten up.

Maybe it's just me and my twisted way of thinking , but I would think that the key here would be that the words Johnson Central would imply that it would more than likely be located in Johnson County. Sheesh, even most of us in eastern Kentucky have been taught in school what and where the majority of the county seats in the state are.

Johnson Central's name has hardly just made news headlines in the last couple of hours. I believe the last time I looked they were rated above Covington Catholic in at least the last AP poll. You would think that a couple of guys that are supposed to be educated enough to represent the radio broadcasting arm of your football program would be professional enough to semi-educate themselves as to where the location of their next possible opponent would be in the event that they won their next game. That to me, would be the utmost embarrassment ,as to be so totally dumb about any of the particulars. It was commonly known that the winner of the Johnson Central/Rockcastle County game would be the host member of the state semi-final game.

Firebird, the more I read about these "holier" homers, the more I regret that we'll be laying an artificial surface on top of all these years of sacrifice next year. I'll guarantee that arrogant private school announcer one thing...he better be ready to play all weekend if he thinks "Our Lady of 10 Games on Carpet" has the illusion that he's gonna drop 56 points on this bunch. Pack a lunch Father.

Lighten up Francis. You get two guesses what city Covington Catholic is in.

Its in that city where all of Cincinnati's high schools go to pad their records. Give Johnsonville a year or two, and we'll come up there and maybe earn some degree of respect back for the Commonwealth.

Firebird, the more I read about these "holier" homers, the more I regret that we'll be laying an artificial surface on top of all these years of sacrifice next year. I'll guarantee that arrogant private school announcer one thing...he better be ready to play all weekend if he thinks "Our Lady of 10 Games on Carpet" has the illusion that he's gonna drop 56 points on this bunch. Pack a lunch Father.

BTW Carl Luther, it has been 13 games on the carpet and so maybe you don't know everything either. #1 Boone at CovCath, #2 Cin Elder at Nippert (University of Cincinnati) #3 Dixie at CovCath #4 Newport Central Catholic at Newport #5 Beechwood at Beechwood #6 Cin St. X at St. X #7 Bishop Columbus Waterson Ohio at CovCath #8 South Oldham at CovCath #9 Grant County at CovCath #10 Highlands at Highlands #11 Grant Coutny at CovCath #12 Highlands at CovCath #13 LexCath at LexCath....

And the last time I looked on the field I didn't see either CovCath announcers (who BTW are volunteers) playing the game, so I don't think they will be on the field playing for CovCath.

Its in that city where all of Cincinnati's high schools go to pad their records. Give Johnsonville a year or two, and we'll come up there and maybe earn some degree of respect back for the Commonwealth.

So you're saying that Cincinnati schools schedule CCH in order to pad their win/loss records? I'm assuming you are not from the NKY area, and you are simply not educated in GCL football. The GCL is one of the most balanced and dominating leagues in AMERICA as far as overall talent and reloading year after year, and JC would not be able to beat the top team or either of the top 2 in this conference in any year ever. Example - 2003 I believe it was... Trinity loses to St. Xavier when St. X is on a massive down year, then Trinity goes on to win the biggest conference championship in Kentucky (AAAA). St. X did not make the D-1 Ohio playoffs that year. For those who do not know here are a few teams from the GCL:

Cincinnati St. Xavier - Finished #2 and #5 in different polls in the NATION this past year.

Cincinnati Archbiship Moeller - A few national championships in their trophy cases.

Cincinnati Elder - Recently removed from back to back Ohio D-1 championships.

I would be willing to bet that JC has never played an opponent of these teams caliber, not any fault of their own, just a statement.

Teams from NKY play GCL schools to be better prepared for the post season against obviously very talented teams (like JC/ Rockcastle/Bell County). I don't think anyone from JC is entitled to throw stones.... I've heard the SOS is not so impressive...

I'm not educated on JC's location or their actual SOS, but it seems that JC has a very very good team from an unblemished record, and beating soundly a team like Rockcastle.

Covington Catholic fans are anything but arrogant. To be honest, if someone told me to find Johnson County on a map, I would have no idea. If someone told you to find Park Hills on a map, or Kenton County, how many minutes would it take for you to find it?

I am a CovCath grad and CCH fans will DEFINITELY have respect for any team that they play in the semi finals. Reaching this stage of the playoffs is not easy for ANY team in ANY class in ANY region, and noone is doubting the ability of your team.

It's time to lighten up and realize that not everyone from NKY, Lexington, or Louisville looks down their noses at you.

Congratulations on a fine season, and may the best team win on Friday.

Congrats to Central for representing our part of the state! I know the feeling you have right now from my old playing days and there is nothing like it!

To Nahanial, Stu, Coach Reeves and Coach Burchette (all played or coached at Lawrence Co) we are proud of you guys and I hope you bring the big one home!

BTW Carl Luther, it has been 13 games on the carpet and so maybe you don't know everything either. #1 Boone at CovCath, #2 Cin Elder at Nippert (University of Cincinnati) #3 Dixie at CovCath #4 Newport Central Catholic at Newport #5 Beechwood at Beechwood #6 Cin St. X at St. X #7 Bishop Columbus Waterson Ohio at CovCath #8 South Oldham at CovCath #9 Grant County at CovCath #10 Highlands at Highlands #11 Grant Coutny at CovCath #12 Highlands at CovCath #13 LexCath at LexCath....

And the last time I looked on the field I didn't see either CovCath announcers (who BTW are volunteers) playing the game, so I don't think they will be on the field playing for CovCath.

Oh, my bad. Hope its not beneath you to wallow around in our mudhole. It'll be fun. BTW, what's a "Nippert"?

Oh, my bad. Hope its not beneath you to wallow around in our mudhole. It'll be fun. BTW, what's a "Nippert"?

Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Nippert Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio is the University of Cincinnati's football stadium, home to their Bearcats football team in rudimentary form since 1902, and as a complete stadium since 1924. There are only six major college football stadiums still in use older than Nippert Stadium: Penn's Franklin Field (1895), Harvard Stadium (1903), Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd/Grant Field (1914), Mississippi State's Davis Wade/Scott Field (1914), the Yale Bowl (1914), and Cornell's Schoellkopf Stadium (1915).

In 1895, the organizer of UC's first football team, Arch Carson, introduced a plan to build a stadium complete with wooden bleachers on the site upon which Nippert Stadium currently stands. The plans became a reality in 1901 while Carson was serving as UC's physical education director. A year later it became home to Bearcat football. The playing surface at Nippert Stadium is called Carson Field in honor of Arch Carson.

In 1916, construction began in sections of a brick and concrete structure to replace the wooden stands and continued for several seasons as funds were raised. During the final game of the 1923 season with intra-state rival Miami University, UC player James Nippert sustained a spike wound injury. He died a month later of blood poisoning. Nippert's grandfather, James N. Gamble of Procter & Gamble, donated the required funds to complete the stadium. In 1924 the completed structure was dedicated as James Gamble Nippert Memorial Stadium.

Nippert Stadium has been the site of many UC-Miami games over the years. The rivalry is the fifth-most played in college football and the oldest west of the Allegheny Mountains. The first clash between the two schools resulted in a 0-0 tie in 1888. With the exception of the World War II years of 1943 and 1944, the series has run continuously since 1909.

The stadium also served as home for the American Football League expansion team, the Cincinnati Bengals, in 1968 and 1969, while their eventual permanent home at Riverfront Stadium was being constructed.

So you're saying that Cincinnati schools schedule CCH in order to pad their win/loss records? I'm assuming you are not from the NKY area, and you are simply not educated in GCL football. The GCL is one of the most balanced and dominating leagues in AMERICA as far as overall talent and reloading year after year, and JC would not be able to beat any of the top 3 teams in any year ever. For those who do not know here are a few teams from the GCL:

Cincinnati St. Xavier - Finished #2 and #5 in different polls in the NATION this past year.

Cincinnati Archbiship Moeller - Just a few national championships in their trophy cases.

Cincinnati Elder - Recently removed from back to back Ohio D-1 championships.

Teams from NKY play GCL schools to be better prepared for the post season against obviously very talented teams (like JC/ Rockcastle/Bell County). I don't think anyone from JC is entitled to throw stones.... I've heard the SOS is not so impressive...

I'm not educated on JC's location or their actual SOS, but it seems that JC has a very very good team from an unblemished record, and beating soundly a team like Rockcastle.

Covington Catholic fans are anything but arrogant. To be honest, if someone told me to find Johnson County on a map, I would have no idea. If someone told you to find Park Hills on a map, or Kenton County, how many minutes would it take for you to find it?

I am a CovCath grad and CCH fans will DEFINITELY have respect for any team that they play in the semi finals. Reaching this stage of the playoffs is not easy for ANY team in ANY class in ANY region, and noone is doubting the ability of your team.

It's time to lighten up and realize that not everyone from NKY, Lexington, or Louisville looks down their noses at you.

Congratulations on a fine season, and may the best team win on Friday.

Thanks. Not sure how to respond to such a smooth blend of insults and compliments. Mapquest will get you lost. Hit 64, turn left, go 100 miles to the light, turn right, go thru the next light then 30 more miles, turn left at the flashing light, thru 3 more lights, then a sharp left. Bring a chainge of underwear.

Thanks. Not sure how to respond to such a smooth blend of insults and compliments. Mapquest will get you lost. Hit 64, turn left, go 100 miles to the light, turn right, go thru the next light then 30 more miles, turn left at the flashing light, thru 3 more lights, then a sharp left. Bring a chainge of underwear.

No insults intended, just a little defense. CovCath is in the same situation as JC as far as not being able to compete with the top GCL team consistantly, it's simply that dominating.

The CovCath announcers do not reflect the overall attitude of CCH fans. Believe me that JC has earned respect this season and has nothing to prove. The better team will win this week. I have no battle with EKY, I'm from another part of the state, and if JC is for real... then they will show people very soon.

Courtesy of Wikipedia.

Nippert Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio is the University of Cincinnati's football stadium, home to their Bearcats football team in rudimentary form since 1902, and as a complete stadium since 1924. There are only six major college football stadiums still in use older than Nippert Stadium: Penn's Franklin Field (1895), Harvard Stadium (1903), Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd/Grant Field (1914), Mississippi State's Davis Wade/Scott Field (1914), the Yale Bowl (1914), and Cornell's Schoellkopf Stadium (1915).

In 1895, the organizer of UC's first football team, Arch Carson, introduced a plan to build a stadium complete with wooden bleachers on the site upon which Nippert Stadium currently stands. The plans became a reality in 1901 while Carson was serving as UC's physical education director. A year later it became home to Bearcat football. The playing surface at Nippert Stadium is called Carson Field in honor of Arch Carson.

In 1916, construction began in sections of a brick and concrete structure to replace the wooden stands and continued for several seasons as funds were raised. During the final game of the 1923 season with intra-state rival Miami University, UC player James Nippert sustained a spike wound injury. He died a month later of blood poisoning. Nippert's grandfather, James N. Gamble of Procter & Gamble, donated the required funds to complete the stadium. In 1924 the completed structure was dedicated as James Gamble Nippert Memorial Stadium.

Nippert Stadium has been the site of many UC-Miami games over the years. The rivalry is the fifth-most played in college football and the oldest west of the Allegheny Mountains. The first clash between the two schools resulted in a 0-0 tie in 1888. With the exception of the World War II years of 1943 and 1944, the series has run continuously since 1909.

The stadium also served as home for the American Football League expansion team, the Cincinnati Bengals, in 1968 and 1969, while their eventual permanent home at Riverfront Stadium was being constructed.

Thanks. I used to cross the Suspension Bridge and slip between the bars at Riverfront. Stargill bounced one off a chick a couple rows in front of me in RF, and it went 20 feet over my head. Snuck into the all-star game in '70 right after it opened. Never did Nippert though, but I fished off the Mike Fink once. Good luck, and y'all (what's that Florence Mall water tower all about?) have a good visit to Eagleville (aka Johnsonville, or Paintsville).