Football Fields

I believe they had a kid that would have played. They divide the youth program into a North/South playoff. They alternate playing fields ever year. North side playing on Pulaski Co. field and South side plays on Southwestern's field. They (the players) look forward to playing on the Big Boy's field. I understand about wanting to play on your turf and going to be your home field someday but with the way the weather has been you just couldn't allow it especially since the other field was not going to be used at all. My co-worker had a kid on the north side but was aruging for the South side. I told her she would understand in a few years. I agree with Coach Anderson or Southwestern's AD or who ever, it just made sense to use the other field especially having the playoffs at home through out.

As I suspected. All too often, parents with kids in the youth leagues think everything starts and stops with their kids' game, and are not interested in looking at the big picture — as Henry pointed out — that the youth leagues are there to ultimately support the HS team.

Ask your co-worker if she's been to a varsity game this year. Unless she has a kid playing for the varsity, I'm betting no is her answer.

Coach Anderson has done as much or more than anyone for youth football in the county.. When the authors of the letters kids reach the high school level they will understand why the decision was made...

Coach Anderson along with former PC coach John Brown started the PCYFL.

I'm with LTW on this and thought the letter to the editor was very tacky and worse yet for the newspaper publishing it.

I agree it should be played at the other field, the reason it is there, and taken care of is because it's the high school's football field, so they should came first. As long as there is another field to use.

Also in that aritcle it stated that the coach did not have his name on the field, isnt it ultimately the AD's call?

Just out of curiosity, has Pulaski County ever had the conflict of getting past first round or so in playoffs? Since the letter thanks coach Hines. Wonder what he would do in the situation?

He'd do the same thing.

And please, BGP posters, do not refer to that link as an article. It's a letter to the editor from an angry parent who is being extremely selfish.

Any parent that thinks that playing a little league championship on a varsity field at the detriment of the High School Team doesn't understand football. There are 4 different regulation sites in the county system to play this game. The game should be about the 2 teams playing, not where they're playing. These are the kind of parents that would fire the coach if there child didn't get to play the position that they want. Coach Anderson did nothing wrong here. If I say anything else I'll get suspended so I'm done.

What makes sense is to play the games on the field not involved in the playoffs. I know the Erlanger Lions hosted the NKFYL Super Bowl and we were to play at Erlanger Lloyd however, the field was in terrible shape and it was moved to Beechwood due to a sports turf field. A grass field in this weather will not hold up. I however, do thank all the High Schools whom let the little guy's use their facilities. I know the Erlanger Lions are greatful for using Lloyd during the season. JD

Moving the youth league game is the right thing to do. I ran the Frankfort Youth League for two years it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. My wife would not allow me to do it a third year as I worked two jobs and she had to take most of the complaining phone calls. They finally got their own field, which was something I had pushed for, and it has made a big difference as they now have a place to call home.

Move it to a field that doesn't have to be played on during the "state" playoffs. These are the same people who will be whining in a few years that the "little kids" tore up our field right before the BIG game. As you can tell - I never think that anyone other than Freshman, JV and Varsity should ever be allowed on the field - at anytime!!!!! Selfish - probably but I just don't think that field should ever be torn up by anyone but who is suppose to be on it. I don't ever remember a time, when my brothers were playing football (before high school) that they were ever on the big field. If I had to stand out in some little swamp area watching a lot of little kids run around then so should everyone else ---- makes you appreciate it more when you get to the BIG LEAGUE:D