January 21, 20197 yr That second pick was not on Edelman. Brady threw high over the middle. In what world is that on Edelman? I’m going to have to watch the Gronk one again but it sure seemed to me like it was a ball Brady should never have thrown. Again, I’ll have to watch the Gronk one again. But there is no defending Brady’s play yesterday, he wasn’t great. Far from it. It hit squarely in the hands. He catches that ball 99.9% of the time. No defending Brady's play? He was lights out when it mattered. He played very well. Stop being irrational and letting your hatred for him and the Pats cloud your judgement.
January 21, 20197 yr You don’t watch enough football if you think one pick play not being called is in anyway equivalent to that roughing call. Watching tape there are probably 5 pick plays a game that don’t get called. Its not hate. It’s calling it how I see it. Nobody else gets that call. Pick plays get missed in every single game. But when a ref interjects themselves into a game by making a bogus roughing call is where I have an issue. Both should have been called, only one was out of the ordinary. I don’t expect the officials to throw flags every pick play. I expect the refs to not make up an imaginary roughing call. If you don't know that missed roughing the passer calls happen just about every game then you don't watch enough football. The fact you keep saying only Brady gets that call tells me I'm wasting my time discussing this with you.
January 21, 20197 yr The Patriots sure do run block well. Gronk does a good job and that number 45 (or 46) is a tremendous lead blocker out of the backfield. Every lineman is on a man. At present they have no real outside receiving threats yet they successfully throw the ball. Rhetorically, how does Eddleman get so wide open over the middle? Belichick squeezes every bit of talent out of his players....and, as Romo or one commentator said, the players are smart and can digest new schemes on a weekly basis. I'm neutral on the Pats but I sure do respect their organization.
January 21, 20197 yr It hit squarely in the hands. He catches that ball 99.9% of the time. No defending Brady's play? He was lights out when it mattered. He played very well. Stop being irrational and letting your hatred for him and the Pats cloud your judgement. I mean, Brady wasn't lights out most of the game yesterday but still had 348 yds and went 30-46. If not for the really bad pick in the endzone he had a good day. Plus he was absolutely money on the last drive in regulation and in overtime. Yes, maybe he had an off day by Brady standards but to say he was bad is insane.
January 21, 20197 yr If you don't know that missed roughing the passer calls happen just about every game then you don't watch enough football. The fact you keep saying only Brady gets that call tells me I'm wasting my time discussing this with you. That roughing the passer call gets called every game? THAT ONE? Literally hitting the QB with your arm while he still has the ball. That gets called every game? No it doesn’t. It’s not a routine call. It’s a Brady call.
January 21, 20197 yr It hit squarely in the hands. He catches that ball 99.9% of the time. No defending Brady's play? He was lights out when it mattered. He played very well. Stop being irrational and letting your hatred for him and the Pats cloud your judgement. Square in the hands? It’s like we are watching a different sport at times. That’s not in the hands. That ball was thrown in the one spot you can’t throw the ball to a guy across the middle. Brady would tell you the same thing.
January 21, 20197 yr The Patriots offensive line was outstanding. Brady rightly receives acclaim for his play, but the O-line was MVP yesterday IMO.
January 21, 20197 yr That roughing the passer call gets called every game? THAT ONE? Literally hitting the QB with your arm while he still has the ball. That gets called every game? No it doesn’t. It’s not a routine call. It’s a Brady call. I love a lot of your posts Grant but your hatred of Brady is blinding you on this one. It was a horrible call but not just because it was Brady. Clay Matthews was called for bogus roughing the passer penalties about every week early in the season...not one of them had anything to do with Brady.
January 21, 20197 yr Square in the hands? It’s like we are watching a different sport at times. That’s not in the hands. That ball was thrown in the one spot you can’t throw the ball to a guy across the middle. Brady would tell you the same thing. I don't really care if you think it was a good throw or not. I know from watching years of this team play that Jules catches that ball all the time.
January 21, 20197 yr That roughing the passer call gets called every game? THAT ONE? Literally hitting the QB with your arm while he still has the ball. That gets called every game? No it doesn’t. It’s not a routine call. It’s a Brady call. :lol2:
January 21, 20197 yr I don't really care if you think it was a good throw or not. I know from watching years of this team play that Jules catches that ball all the time. Just because he makes hard catches seem routine doesn’t mean that it was a good throw. 95% of great catches were also bad throws.
January 21, 20197 yr I love a lot of your posts Grant but your hatred of Brady is blinding you on this one. It was a horrible call but not just because it was Brady. Clay Matthews was called for bogus roughing the passer penalties about every week early in the season...not one of them had anything to do with Brady. Clay Matthews was also horrible, but he tackled someone. A dude hit Brady with an arm. Not even remotely similar.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.