St Xavier (OH) 55 Covington Catholic 45

Yes-big surprise, but CCH can redeem themselves tomorrow against Elder. Mayer will be back in a couple of weeks, Davin will be healthy as well and we will be the team to beat at NKU.

Mayer will not be back in a couple of weeks. What don't you understand, if Notre Dame says no to basketball than your not playing basketball. Why do you think he's coming back?

Mayer will not be back in a couple of weeks. What don't you understand, if Notre Dame says no to basketball than your not playing basketball. Why do you think he's coming back?

I don’t care whether he picks up a basketball ever again. That’s a decision between he and people not named you and I.

You might be right, and I don't have any inside information to say otherwise, but if he's not on the team why is he always on the bench during their games?

Not sure what happened last night but I am amazed how these conversations quickly go to Mayer who hasnt played a second of hoops at all this season.

CCH has 3 bigs in Thelen, Fleek, and Greene that have each put up 20 points and 10 boards more than once this season.

Its the guard play that hurts them. Disken is the only guard contributing consistently. When Davin comes back, they will need him to find his shot.

MM will help relieve the bigs underneath but is not going to put up big points and change the Colonels offense too much.

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to check your sources next time. Anybody close to the program or his family knew he would come back later than expected, but would play.