18. Anderson County

19. Southwestern

20. Bardstown

Edited by True blue (and gold)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott High should def be in top 20 I think!

What about their 12-7 campaign tells you that?

They lost to #3 Conner by 18.

They lost to #1 Ryle by 33.

They lost to #5 GRC by 9.

They lost to #9 Highlands by 29.

They lost to #17 Simon Kenton by 4.

They beat #16 (and #19? :sssh:) South Laurel by 10 in OT.

They have played a really good schedule, and I'm sure the girls will be battle-tested for the 10th Region Tourney, but I'm not sure their resume puts them into the Top 20. In my opinion.

Maybe you are correct but they seem to be figuring it out. Lost to a top 20 Mercer team in Catholic tournament then played them again last night and won by 36 or so. I know GRC has had injuries but I think Scott can give them a run and I just think they are top 20 material! There are several top 20 teams with 6 or 7 losses. Strength of schedule is top 20 for sure.

[quote name=

15. Webster County

16. South Laurel

17. Simon Kenton

18. Anderson County

19. South Laurel

20. Bardstown

Having South Laurel ranked 16, and South Laurel only ranked 19 is a joke! Everyone knows that with a coach like South Laurel has, they will ALWAYS beat South Laurel.

Having South Laurel ranked 16, and South Laurel only ranked 19 is a joke! Everyone knows that with a coach like South Laurel has, they will ALWAYS beat South Laurel.

Maybe its just me...but I agree with your logic. I actually have the two teams switched and I have South Laurel 16th and South Laurel 19th.

Maybe its just me...but I agree with your logic. I actually have the two teams switched and I have South Laurel 16th and South Laurel 19th.

I love your humor! I’m currently checking on what the issue is here.

I can’t claim to follow girls basketball much nowadays, but if you think that South Laurel is better than South Laurel, I will believe you, :D

Tomorrow, Wednesday in the Toyota Classic, #5 GRC will take on #12 Lincoln Co @ 5:30. Should be a great game.

Very interested to see the results from the Toyota Classic! I think we will learn a lot about #2 Scott Co. as they have gone untested so far.

Very interested to see the results from the Toyota Classic! I think we will learn a lot about #2 Scott Co. as they have gone untested so far.

Anyone familiar with Scott County knows they are in the top 5 in the state. GRC has been lower ranked since the injuries but is now back at full force. GRC at full strength is the best team in Kentucky and Scott County is right behind them. Ryle is good but the Boyd loss exposed them, just not deep and consistent enough. GRC vs Scott County will be a great game. Get a good picture of what team is at the top.

SK and Lincoln are a level below the top two. Pending some unique situation neither SK or Lincoln will challenge GRC or Scott Co this weekend.

I believe there are about 10-12 teams that have a legit shot at the podium in March! Speaking of that when is the draw for the Sweet 16? Alot depends on the draw in my opinion!

There are 10-12 teams that could but that won’t be the case once they get to state. At that point only 4-5 of those teams will remain. They will have knocked each other out. Four top 15 teams in the 7th region. Three top 10 teams in the 9th region. Two in the 6th region.

Someone please remind me again on how this “16 region one team only advances state tourney” set up is fair for the kids? (With a random seeding! really, a random seeding!). After you remind me please be sure to remind all the Conner, Ryle and Highlands kids, coaches and families. I’m sure they will see the wisdom in it and completely understand

Edited by hydraman
Misspell

Maybe you are correct but they seem to be figuring it out. Lost to a top 20 Mercer team in Catholic tournament then played them again last night and won by 36 or so. I know GRC has had injuries but I think Scott can give them a run and I just think they are top 20 material! There are several top 20 teams with 6 or 7 losses. Strength of schedule is top 20 for sure.

Since when is Mercer in the top 20? They are wayyy far from top 20 and probably would be the 11th best team in the 7th Region but nothing new there with teams out in the state.