Top 3 Teams in Class A eliminated

Technically LCA did not win the district. That honor goes to Raceland. LCA won the #1 seed in the district, but no trophy was given for that.

In most other polls that I have seen Raceland was ranked above LCA all year long, so I don't know if Raceland beating LCA was an upset of losing to an unranked team. Just an upset in the BGP poll.

Very true & well said!!:thumb:

This is a copy of the final BGP Poll, I would have to beg to differ, the pollsters had it different. Frankfort was given way to much credit for its Danville win and a unranked team beating Bardstown is troubling. We clearly fumbled the ball on our evaluation of Beth or Bardstown or likely both. #9 and #10 also lost to unranked teams. We only have 4 teams still alive out of our top 10, granted the Cov Holy Cross loss was expected by a team we had ranked higher but the other losses we just missed the boat on. So does this mean 1A finally has some balance or did the stars just line up right this year. In the end will it still come down to a title game between 2 of the usual 4 participants? I am guessing so

Class A Final Rankings

1. Beechwood Lost to #5 NCC

2. Bardstown lost to bethlehem a unranked team!

3. Frankfort Lost to #4 Danville

4. Danville Beat #3 Frankfort

5. Newport Central Catholic Beat #1 Beechwood

6. Mayfield Bet unranked team

7. Covington Holy Cross Lost in round #1 to #5 NCC

8. Somerset Beat unranked team

9. Pikeville Lost to unranked team

10. Lexington Christian Lost to a unranked team

You gotta figure that Bethlehem was unranked for one reason- most BGP voters are simply unfamiliar with Bethlehem as they are a new program NOT located in northern KY. Bethlehem only lost one game in the toughest district in class A. If they were unranked it was because of the voters ignorance (I don't mean that in a bad way) of the Eagle program. Watch out class A, because if Bethlehem can beat Bardstown at home- they can beat anybody left in Class A.:cool:

Just goes to show you what the rankings are really good for - lining bird cages or as training pads for your new puppy.

Amen. anyone trying to predict what 15-18 year olds are going to do and then basing any judgement on that outcome isn't very wise.

Technically LCA did not win the district. That honor goes to Raceland. LCA won the #1 seed in the district, but no trophy was given for that.

In most other polls that I have seen Raceland was ranked above LCA all year long, so I don't know if Raceland beating LCA was an upset of losing to an unranked team. Just an upset in the BGP poll.

Yes sir, the number one seed did get a trophy.

I thought according to all of the previous threads throughout the season, that KHSAA was handing out district champion trophies in the second week of the playoffs. What changed?

I just confirmed with LCA - we did receive a :""Regular Season DISTRICT CHAMPS" trophy...