Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 25 Highlands 15 PART II

Featured Replies

Does anyone know if Sam Flynn hit his record?

 

 

Also, I just wanted to say what a excellent job the CCH players did on Saturday. The defense really took it up a notch, when I thought they were doing great even before that. Very impressive, D! A big thanks to the O-Line for protecting my little brother again. :thumb: To the running backs and receivers..... terrific job!

 

And Pop....... keep your head high. How many high school kickers get upset because they missed a 50+ yard field goal? Not many, because they don't even get the chance to attempt it. You have a strong leg and accurate kicks, but when the wind is blowing it makes it very difficult, especially at those far distances. Another question.... How many high school coaches actually have the confidence to let the kicker attempt that 50+ yard field goal? Not many..... because they don't have you! :thumb:

 

 

Pop is the real deal.... but I think many of those attempts were field position punts. Anytime you get the ball at the 20 yrd line on a missed field goal.... it behooves you to try from wherever on the field. Especially when the defense is stopping the other team's offense. A couple of those almost made it... so they were close but they werent helping his percentages by throwing him out there each time. :D

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Sam Flynn hit his record?

 

 

Also, I just wanted to say what a excellent job the CCH players did on Saturday. The defense really took it up a notch, when I thought they were doing great even before that. Very impressive, D! A big thanks to the O-Line for protecting my little brother again. :thumb: To the running backs and receivers..... terrific job!

 

And Pop....... keep your head high. How many high school kickers get upset because they missed a 50+ yard field goal? Not many, because they don't even get the chance to attempt it. You have a strong leg and accurate kicks, but when the wind is blowing it makes it very difficult, especially at those far distances. Another question.... How many high school coaches actually have the confidence to let the kicker attempt that 50+ yard field goal? Not many..... because they don't have you! :thumb:

 

Thanks for a great post!

Thanks for a great post!

Anyone know when ICN-6 has the highlights of the game on?

Anyone know when ICN-6 has the highlights of the game on?

I think it's tonight at 6:30.

No real offers yet.

No real offers yet.

The word around Ft Thomas tells me different. But of coarse we are talking about Ft Thomas. Another rumor i guess!!!:irked:

The word around Ft Thomas tells me different. But of coarse we are talking about Ft Thomas. Another rumor i guess!!!:irked:

 

I'm going to go with GPopham on this one. No offense, Boom.

I wish the rumors were correct about Gaterville, but all that we know at this point is that they called CCH Coach R. and asked for game films a week before the first CCH-HHS game. I have received a number of calls from friends at HHS advising me that we are going to get an offer from Gaterville, but to date nothing has come our way. Again thanks for everyone's help, I never realized what a struggle this was.

If so, shout out to #9 Pat Van Sant. I thought he made some clutch plays especially in the open field. His speed is a great asset and CCH is fortunate to have him back for 2 more seasons.

 

 

Wow. He is only a sophomore? Was VERY impressed by him. How big of a kid is he?

 

Also, have you ever seen a HS kid with calves like Kramer's? Talk about strong legs!

Wow. He is only a sophomore? Was VERY impressed by him. How big of a kid is he?

 

!

 

PVS is about 6'0 or 6'1 - getting some muscle on him. I look for big things from him by his SR season. He's probably the 2nd fastest kid on the team.

This one tends to get uglier than us -vs- X.

This one tends to get uglier than us -vs- X.

 

I wouldn't know that as I am not all that familiar with the X vs T rivalry.

Congratulations to CCH. I know I will be pulling for you on the rest of the way to bring home the title!!

 

As for HHS, and I saw a mention of this previously, where is the 7-10 yard pass? These 45 yard shots at the big hitter are great against teams that cannot match up with the speedy receivers. However, CCH had great coverage most of the time. Our running game speaks for itself, but when it comes to the passing game, we are fairly predictable. There were several big plays that had Kramer coming out of the backfield for an 8 yard pass that turned into big gains in previous games. With his wheels and turn on a dime ability, they needed to find a different way to keep him in the game plan as CCH keyed on his running ability.

 

As for the special teams for CCH, WOW. Kicker and punter were amazing. I understand wanting to hit everything, but you cannot hang your head on those misses. He is attempting kicks that some NFL'ers wouldn't get a shot at in that weather. He has an amazing future, no doubt!

 

Bird seniors, good luck in all future endeavors! Those returning, remember the feelings of going home early this year and bring it with you next year. Bring home 17 in 07!

I wish the rumors were correct about Gaterville, but all that we know at this point is that they called CCH Coach R. and asked for game films a week before the first CCH-HHS game. I have received a number of calls from friends at HHS advising me that we are going to get an offer from Gaterville, but to date nothing has come our way. Again thanks for everyone's help, I never realized what a struggle this was.

 

For what it's worth, that's regoshdangdiculous...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.