Kentucky 38 Vandy 26

MOUNTAINFOOTBALL

IMO these are their possiblities:

Outback

Peach

Liberty

Music City

Georgia beating Auburn may have hurt UK's chances at the Outback.

If the Cats win the next two, I think they will get Outback Bowl. For the same reason they got it last time over some more deserving teams, The founder of Outback Steakhouse is a UK grad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If UK could have that South Carolina game back and pull that one out for a victory we are talking a really good bowl game for UK. We're in the middle of the pack for the SEC right now and it means we could land anywhere bowl wise. It really depends on how other teams do now.

I know the Outback in is Tampa, the Peach in Atlanta, and the Music City in Nashville, and the Liberty in Memphis.

UK fans should travel well to any of these sites with Tampa being the farthest away.

UK traveled well the last time in Tampa (vs Penn State, I was there) and even better to Nashville (vs Syracuse, I was there as well). I plan on being there this bowl season as well. Bowl eligible with 2 more games to go?!?

Way to go Cats! I have supported Brooks 100% the past few seasons and often had my sanity called into question. But I truly believed that he would get it going in the right direction. I don't agree with every decision, but never have with any coach. With 14 freshmen starting (5th most in the nation per the radio crew), these young Cats are starting to turn the corner. :thumb:

Stats

First Downs - Vandy/29 UK/27

Total Yards - Vandy/621 UK/596

Passing

UK

Woodson - 29/42 450 Yards 4 TD 0 INT

Pulley - 0/1 0 Yards

Vandy

Nickson - 23/37 446 Yards 1 TD 2 INT

Rushing

UK

Little - 20 Carries 131 Yards 1 TD

Vandy

Nickson - 16 Carries 70 Yards 2 TD

Walker - 2 Carries 43 Yards 1 TD

Receiving

UK

Burton - 11 Catches 171 Yards 2 TD

Johnson - 1 Catch 29 Yards 1 TD

Ford - 1 Catch 27 Yards 1 TD

Vandy

Bennett - 11 Catches 220 Yards 1 TD

Penalties

Vandy - 1 Penalty - 5 Yards

UK - 6 Penalties - 57 Yards

UK is now 6-4 & bowl eligible

Vandy is now 4-7

Great offensive outing for the Wildcats. I know I'm not imagining this: I could swear I heard the radio guys say Little also had more than 100 yards receiving.

UK traveled well the last time in Tampa (vs Penn State, I was there) and even better to Nashville (vs Syracuse, I was there as well). I plan on being there this bowl season as well. Bowl eligible with 2 more games to go?!?

Way to go Cats! I have supported Brooks 100% the past few seasons and often had my sanity called into question. But I truly believed that he would get it going in the right direction. I don't agree with every decision, but never have with any coach. With 14 freshmen starting (5th most in the nation per the radio crew), these young Cats are starting to turn the corner. :thumb:

Look what happens when you are coming off of probation, you can offer playing time immediately. Then you get your young guys experience and these young Cats are succeeding thus far.:thumb:

Great offensive outing for the Wildcats. I know I'm not imagining this: I could swear I heard the radio guys say Little also had more than 100 yards receiving.

No you're not imagining it because I heard it also.

With 14 freshmen starting (5th most in the nation per the radio crew), these young Cats are starting to turn the corner. :thumb:

I believe the Cats have played 14 True Freshmen this year, which is 5th most in the country, but don't have 14 freshmen starting....I could be wrong though, maybe they have had 14 freshmen start this year.

Woodson had his best day as a Wildcat, but I remember at least 4 missed long pass plays. I don't mean to be a pessimist, but its very frustrating knowing that the game shouldn't have been close at all. Overall it was an exciting game, and I am pumped about a bowl game.

At this point in time a UK football fan should never be frustrated with a close win. :lol: A win is a win!

Andre Woodson has turned into a big time player. There were a lot of question marks on the offensive end going into the year, QB and WR's especially. Burton and Lyons have turned into a deadly duo and with Little getting back into form, this is one of the best offense's in the SEC. Congrats Cats!!!

One of the biggest surprises IMO. He has had a great year and I thought he was a disappointment in the past. A pleasant surprise this year.

I believe the Cats have played 14 True Freshmen this year, which is 5th most in the country, but don't have 14 freshmen starting....I could be wrong though, maybe they have had 14 freshmen start this year.

I doubt they have 14 starting. I can think of a few who get serious playing time though.

IMO these are their possiblities:

Outback

Peach

Liberty

Music City

Georgia beating Auburn may have hurt UK's chances at the Outback.

Actually the Capital One was looking at Kentucky and I am not jocking five bowls were in attendance today Independence, Liberty, Music City, Peach, and the Capital One.