B-Ball-fan's Track Kentucky’s Remaining Undefeated Teams 2018/2019

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not John Hardin is truly the second best team in the state, the mere fact that they've gone 30-0 with a adequate schedule of at least average to decent competition, and have arrived at post season play unscathed is extremely remarkable.

Even most good teams have a bad night here and there, but to remain perfect throughout the entire regular season is nothing to sneeze at. This shows a lot of team character to be this doggone consistent. I only wish that I had the chance to see them play. There's got to be a serious mental toughness with this team for this is such a great accomplishment that these guys can be forever proud of.

A notable team that "just missed" going completely undefeated was the 1979 Lexington Lafayette Generals, under Jock Sutherland.

Unless my memory is faulty (very possible), Lafayette was undefeated heading into their district final, where they lost (I think to Henry Clay). The two met again in the region finals, where Lafayette had the last laugh...and then proceeded to win the state championship.

It's just a ridiculously hard thing for any team to accomplish, no matter how talented.

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to B-Ball-fan's Track Kentucky’s Remaining Undefeated Teams 2018/2019