Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County 116 Robertson County 77

Featured Replies

He took him out with 5:12 remaining, per Evan Dennison.

 

I was referencing the post above stating 3 1/2 minutes left was when he was pulled. I stand corrected, it was the 5:12 mark.

 

It was a 90-54 game at the end of the 4th quarter though. Like I referenced, let him have all he can eat points wise for 3 quarters, but don't leave him in in that situation. At that point I question if you're simply chasing the century mark. The game was well in hand after 3 quarters.

 

Looks like he left with a little over 5 mins left against Augusta earlier this week. It was a 32 point game then. Just not a good look in my opinion, and it's gonna make things not very fun for what's left at PC after he is gone. Those things have a funny way of coming back around on you.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I was referencing the post above stating 3 1/2 minutes left was when he was pulled. I stand corrected, it was the 5:12 mark.

 

It was a 90-54 game at the end of the 4th quarter though. Like I referenced, let him have all he can eat points wise for 3 quarters, but don't leave him in in that situation. At that point I question if you're simply chasing the century mark. The game was well in hand after 3 quarters.

 

I don't have a problem with him playing the minutes he did last night, but to each his own.

  • Author
17-28 FG's

10-11 FT's

9-16 3 pt. FG's

 

Correction:

 

17-25 from the floor and 9-14 from 3.

I was referencing the post above stating 3 1/2 minutes left was when he was pulled. I stand corrected, it was the 5:12 mark.

 

It was a 90-54 game at the end of the 4th quarter though. Like I referenced, let him have all he can eat points wise for 3 quarters, but don't leave him in in that situation. At that point I question if you're simply chasing the century mark. The game was well in hand after 3 quarters.

 

Looks like he left with a little over 5 mins left against Augusta earlier this week. It was a 32 point game then. Just not a good look in my opinion, and it's gonna make things not very fun for what's left at PC after he is gone. Those things have a funny way of coming back around on you.

 

12/8 Bracken Game was 3 point game in the beginning of the 4th Quarter and Pendleton won by 18 points. Coach pulled him with 2:30 left. Allen scored 51 points but could have scored 60.

 

 

12/10 Augusta game was 81-49 with 5:30 left when Allen was pulled out. He had 45 points and could have gotten 60.

 

12/12 Robertson game Allen was pulled with 5:12 left in a district seeding game. He finished with 53 points and could have gotten 60.

 

Not to mention, tons of UK fans are coming to watch the kid play so playing 26-28 minutes a night is the opposite of showing bad sportsmanship IMO. I highly doubt that Coach Belcher would try to run up the score on anybody.

I dont think anyone is trying to run anything up and I dont think anyone is 'stat chasing." My opinion though play a better schedule but thats just me. I know Robertson is a district game I get that. They have played GRC which is a top region team. Playing Marshall County is not really a real deal MC Hoopfest game to me. Play in the KOB, play other big time events. Allen is good enough to put up impressive numbers against anyone. Bottom line you cant please everyone no matter what you do.

 

As for Robertson County.........PLAY A BETTER SCHEDULE before you want people to crown you whatever it is you think you should be crowned.

Let the young man play. Let the fans enjoy seeing a rare talent. As long as all the players are being respectful, not gloating and showboating in a big win, let him play.

I dont think anyone is trying to run anything up and I dont think anyone is 'stat chasing." My opinion though play a better schedule but thats just me. I know Robertson is a district game I get that. They have played GRC which is a top region team. Playing Marshall County is not really a real deal MC Hoopfest game to me. Play in the KOB, play other big time events. Allen is good enough to put up impressive numbers against anyone. Bottom line you cant please everyone no matter what you do.

 

As for Robertson County.........PLAY A BETTER SCHEDULE before you want people to crown you whatever it is you think you should be crowned.

 

PC plays two top 20 teams according to the BGP poll. They play the #1 or 2 team in the ninth region(Cooper).They play in the once prestigious Ashland Invitational. Granted it may not be as glamorous as in the past. The Marshall County game would have been a big deal had Zion Harmon been eligible. They play Harrison and Bracken twice as both schools like the gate as these are huge rivalries. Many factors go into making a schedule.

I'm all for a kid chasing a record, but you do it differently. Run more sets through him while the game isn't totally out of hand. Get all you can eat for 3 quarters of a blowout, etc, but don't let it become a classless move in blowouts and result in people questioning your integrity.

 

To each their own though. I'd handle it one way, you would another and Joe at the gas station down the street would handle it even another way. That's what makes the world go round!

 

Susect you weren't at the game and haven't seen PC actually play. After watching from afar for 4 years, I can tell you first hand..."the young man tries hard to allow his teammates to blossom. Early in most games he focuses on involving them, hoping their growth will payoff down the road. Then, when needed he takes the game over and "hammers down". Great teammate and I would encourage you to make a trip to see him play. Takes 42% of PC's shots and scores 55% of their points. Great ratio for an elite athlete.

"He is the best high school player in Kentucky high school basketball since ___________________??????" Fill in the blank.

"He is the best high school player in Kentucky high school basketball since ___________________??????" Fill in the blank.

 

Is he the best player in the state right now?? Honest question. He’s legit. I’m just making conversation here. David Johnson is really good but has a different role for his team.

Susect you weren't at the game and haven't seen PC actually play. After watching from afar for 4 years, I can tell you first hand..."the young man tries hard to allow his teammates to blossom. Early in most games he focuses on involving them, hoping their growth will payoff down the road. Then, when needed he takes the game over and "hammers down". Great teammate and I would encourage you to make a trip to see him play. Takes 42% of PC's shots and scores 55% of their points. Great ratio for an elite athlete.

 

I have seen him play twice in his career, so you have seen him more than me I'm sure. I agree on him being a great teammate and involving others. I mentioned that in a thread about him during the preseason.

 

He is a tremendous athlete. I'd love to see him play 4 years at UK and end up being that experienced calming presence on the floor for Cal, a lot like Darius Miller was.

Is he the best player in the state right now?? Honest question. He’s legit. I’m just making conversation here. David Johnson is really good but has a different role for his team.

I take it that that is the opinion of many on this site. You pose an interesting question.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.