Raceland 20 L.C.A. 13

oldrambler

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more item I really need to comment on...

The RACELAND FANS were awesome! What a crowd you brought!

I know your players & coaches really appreciated this great fan support and please make sure you show up next week in even greater numbers...it DOES make a difference to those kids.

Good luck next week!:thumb:

First Round: Raceland 30, Ludlow 0

Regional Final: Beechwood 35, Raceland 14

First Round: Raceland 27, Carroll County 7

Regional Final: Beechwood 34, Raceland 14

There were also losses in 1975 (Ludlow), 1977 (Bellevue), 1979 (Bellevue), 1980 (Bellevue) and 1982 (Beechwood) that may have been regional finals (although they were first round games), but I'm not sure.

All of those sound pretty much on the money, the 75,77,79,80 and 82 were regioin finals I belive. that was when only the district champion went to the playoffs and the 1st playoff game was the region championship. Thanks gchs.:thumb: (some of those years the Raceland "O" line and "D" end were anchored by a guy named Randy Vanderhoof, that name still sounds kind of familiar around here)

First Round: Raceland 30, Ludlow 0

Regional Final: Beechwood 35, Raceland 14

First Round: Raceland 27, Carroll County 7

Regional Final: Beechwood 34, Raceland 14

There were also losses in 1975 (Ludlow), 1977 (Bellevue), 1979 (Bellevue), 1980 (Bellevue) and 1982 (Beechwood) that may have been regional finals (although they were first round games), but I'm not sure.

Also 1984 against Beechwood. I think that one was 12-0 Beechwood.

Also 1984 against Beechwood. I think that one was 12-0 Beechwood.

:thumb: I remember that one well, that was one of only a couple of times that I though that Raceland should have beaten Beechwood out of all the times we have played. Raceland, in the words of a former Ram Coach, could have Budweiser as a sponsor....."we are Beechwood aged":scared: :D

I didn't know I was going to make the game but went to see my buddy Parker! Great win for the Rams. Lex Christian is a classy place! The Rams D played big and the play of the game I thought was the blocked punt for a TD right when momentum had swung a little.

What happened to the lights tonight?

Just got home. WOW, that was everything a championship game is suppose to be.

1st a big Congrats to my Rams. You guys played with true Ram pride and heart. Never get down and never give up . Stay focused and lets do it again next week.

Also hats off to LCA, you guys played a great game. Too bad one team had to lose. Both are deserving of moving on.

An oustanding game by both teams, the monster Rams defense was on all night and Caleb Caldwell came up huge with an interception to LCA's three yard line leading to the first Raceland score, a few sacks, several big tackles, a blocked punt returned for a touchdown by Thompson and a fumble recovery to end the game. Congrats to the Rams and their staff and congrats to LCA on a great season.

What happened to the lights tonight?

:sssh: :sssh: :sssh: Word has it that EagleEye and Bluto pulled the plug as they thought that Raceland would be driving the ball into the dark end of the field.:eek: (just a rumor of course :D ). EE and Bluto, you guys are great!:thumb:

Nice win by the Rams. Rams came out and played physical from the start and set the tone for the game. Another great effort by the defense & special teams. Enjoy the victory this weekend . Monday is time to go back to work. The job you have started is not finished. Stay focused and keep your "Band Of Brothers" together.

Bluto, it was great to meet you, sorry I missed the toga!!!!! I appreciate what you & EagleEye have done for me. EagleEye it was good to talk with you again. You guys are class acts.:thumb: Congrats to LCA on a great season. You have some great young players and as a fan I appreciate your effort tonight and the sportsmanship you showed on the field was great to see. I would say that LCA dominated the stats in almost every category but the Rams defense made the plays when they had to. That is the way this team plays, when someone makes a mistake, someone else is there to pick them up and make a play. Congrats to Clint Thompson on your fumble recovery for a TD. It is always great to see a kid that has worked so hard be rewarded for his effort. Also congrats to all the Rams players & coaches.

An oustanding game by both teams, the monster Rams defense was on all night and Caleb Caldwell came up huge with an interception to LCA's three yard line leading to the first Raceland score, a few sacks, several big tackles, a blocked punt returned for a touchdown by Thompson and a fumble recovery to end the game. Congrats to the Rams and their staff and congrats to LCA on a great season.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: That was the impression I got RR. That is the thing about this Raceland team, if one unit stuggles another will pick them up. Tonight it was the defense stepping it up for a win and you are right about the game that C. Caldwell had :ylsuper: and J.T. Forrest along with all the Rambler Defense.:banana: I also just spoke with a couple of people that were at the game and I was told basically what the radio crew were saying.....Yes LCA had 7 turnovers but they for the most part were caused by some "slobberknockin'" hits by the Racealnd "Orange Crush"!! Dang, I am getting tired, just looked at the clock, BGP is too addictive, I getting some sleep. LOL