President George H. W. Bush has passed

CincySportsFan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note...the Naval Ceremonial Guard uniforms are currently the coolest looking uniforms in the US military. No contest.

800px-US_Navy_040226-N-2383B-038_U.S._Navy_Ceremonial_Guard_Sailors_stand_at_attention_during_a_full_honors_ceremony.jpg

I've been following the U.S. Navy's Twitter account since his passing. I'd never heard this beautiful line they tweeted upon his death:

"Fair winds and following seas, sir. We have the watch."

I'm not gonna lie.......... I certainly got choked up during the eulogy.

Same here. Actually was doing good until W lost it at the end, and also when Michael W. Smith sang. That song was written originally about someone moving away. But hearing it at funeral took it to a whole other level. Thank goodness no one came into the office the past couple hours.

I believe I just saw President George W. Bush pull a challenge coin out of his pocket as he walked down the aisle of the National Cathedral and hand it to Michelle Obama as shook hands with all of the other Presidents and First Ladies.

I just read an article that makes it sound like it could've been a cough drop that President George W. Bush gave to the former First Lady. At Senator McCain's service, President Bush was seen handing something to Michelle and she later said she noticed Bush getting a cough drop for his wife so she requested one too. Based on her laughter today when President Bush handed her whatever he handed her, I wonder if he was playing off that past experience.

Speaking of challenge coins, I received one from the Kenton County Sheriff a few weeks ago for helping him with his car at a gas station. Extremely nice gesture by a very nice guy.