Michigan/Ohio State Updates

Jumper_Dad

I agree that Oklahoma is in better position too. I'm thinking to even be considered it would have to happen. Even if Oklahoma were to lose to Texas again, I think that Ohio State would have to beat Michigan and Northwestern. I'll be surprised if the SEC brings two teams again.

Oh no doubt. Whoever wins has to still beat Northwestern. A 2 lost big 10 team wont make it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that Oklahoma is in better position too. I'm thinking to even be considered it would have to happen. Even if Oklahoma were to lose to Texas again, I think that Ohio State would have to beat Michigan and Northwestern. I'll be surprised if the SEC brings two teams again.

Only because it would mean Georgia beating Alabama, but if they do..... It's not like anyone can argue that it was a mistake the last time when looking back at the results.

Only because it would mean Georgia beating Alabama, but if they do..... It's not like anyone can argue that it was a mistake the last time when looking back at the results.

In the scenario that we are talking about, I think that Ohio State gets in if Oklahoma loses again. I believe that Notre Dame would have to lose tonight to increase the chances of the SEC bringing two teams regardless of the outcome of the SEC championship.

OSU kicks a field goal on the last play of the half to make it 24-19.

Now if Michigan gets a TD, it is 25-24. Do you have to go for 2 points again? If they take the extra point the first time, then after a TD and extra point they are ahead 27-24. That's why it is stupid going for 2 points early in a game, especially a game that looks like the winner is going to score 40 points or more. Now they are chasing their tail the rest of the game.

OSU kicks a field goal on the last play of the half to make it 24-19.

Now if Michigan gets a TD, it is 25-24. Do you have to go for 2 points again? If they take the extra point the first time, then after a TD and extra point they are ahead 27-24. That's why it is stupid going for 2 points early in a game, especially a game that looks like the winner is going to score 40 points or more. Now they are chasing their tail the rest of the game.

It would have definitely been smarter to kick the extra point for Michigan.